How has COVID-19 affected your life so far..

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
We've been on lockdown for the last 7 days. 25 more days to go. Weekdays are busy because school sends us online work for the kids. That is hard work compared to real work. I salute all the teachers.

Weekends are boring. I live in a condo and can't work on the car here. Instead, cleaned it up, disconnected the battery, placed a car cover, and slightly over-inflated the tires.

All businesses that aren't considered essential (utilities, food, medical, pharmacies, etc.) are ordered closed. I'm hoping the world economy doesn't go to the dogs or we all suffer.

Keep safe everyone.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pros:
  • I can Work From Home.
  • Business As Usual.
  • Salary, so pay is steady.
  • Make Enough To Keep The Family Afloat.
Cons:
  • Wife's Work Closed for 2 Weeks Minimum.
  • Wife's Not Getting Paid.
  • Son's School Is Closed Until May.
  • Idiot's Hoarding Toilet Paper

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, both of us being disabled and broke most of the time, it hasn't affected us too much yet. We've got to distance ourself from some friends who just don't seem to get the whole social distancing thing and make poor decisions , but the biggest issue we have so far, my wife had needed spinal surgery for the last two years, it was finally scheduled for March 30th, but is now cancelled till who knows when.
One issue I see coming very quickly is being able to get items we need come pay day. Idiots around here have hoarded toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer and now I've heard it's getting difficult to get meat and cheese eggs.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My mom passed away last Saturday. We are unable to have a funeral for her. We’re just having a small family gathering, none of her friends can go, at the cemetery to bury today. Horrible.
Sorry for your loss.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
It hasn't done much more than monetary losses in the form of retirement. I found unfrozen chicken to be the hardest thing to find. I buy toilet paper in bulk, but I can see where people suffer in that area. I picked the wrong time to take vacation days as wesre working a very nice schedule (I get paid regardless, no matter what happens, but my vacation time is mine to keep or lose.) It will only get worse for awhile. But that's life

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So far so good here. I have worked at home since 2007 for 2 different companies with the latest in Health Insurance software. I have not been interrupted at all. My wife works for head start, she is now working at home doing remote sessions with parents/kids, so far no interruption there as well. Kids all home, but already had 2 of the 4 coming and going being in college.

Hang in there everyone.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Some positive news. All big wall street firms predict GDP rebound starts in Q3.

Stay safe and hang in there.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Both me and my wife have been working from home since last week and have effectively been on lockdown since then as well. It has been getting increasingly annoying not being able to leave the house, but it is what it is. Work is much slower and luckily both of us are on salary so it hasn't affected us much financially yet (touch wood). I think my main problem with this is that there's currently no end in site, could be on lockdown for a few more months or just weeks, no one knows for sure.

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Luckily my wife and I are healthy as far as we know. Los Angeles is pretty nuts right now as far as groceries go. Every store is out of essentials like TP, bread, and milk by noon at the latest. We’re definitely adhering to the quarantine guidelines by minimizing contact with others, not going out unless necessary, and obsessively washing our hands.

401k has tanked. Stocks have tanked. We’ve transitioned to our entire 300 person studio working from home over the course of 4 days, and I’ve been extremely impressed with the transition. Shout out to all of the IT people out there working hard to get remote work stood up.

The exponential death rates are quite scary, and it sounds like we’re in for a few really bad weeks. But we’ll get through this, and hopefully we’ll find some positives on the other side. Hope everyone stays safe.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I live in California, and we are currently under a statewide mandatory shelter in place executive order.

Luckily, my wife has been working from home since last week and will continue to do so throughout this pandemic.

My job, on the other hand, has claimed exemption saying they are an "essential" business and are pretty much carrying on business as usual. So i get to carry a note with me stating I am an employee at an essential business in case I am stopped and questioned by the authorities while on my way to or from work.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
I live in California, and we are currently under a statewide mandatory shelter in place executive order.

Luckily, my wife has been working from home since last week and will continue to do so throughout this pandemic.

My job, on the other hand, has claimed exemption saying they are an "essential" business and are pretty much carrying on business as usual. So i get to carry a note with me stating I am an employee at an essential business in case I am stopped and questioned by the authorities while on my way to or from work.
Are people not allowed to food shop?

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are people not allowed to food shop?
Food is an essential, therefore allowed.

Essential businesses include grocery stores, food banks and outdoor farmers markets; schools and child care; businesses that provide food, shelter, social services and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged people; gas stations; banks and financial institutions; hardware stores; plumbers and electricians; healthcare operators and facilities; transportation services; and residential facilities.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...ard-on-alert-asks-u-s-navy-for-help?_amp=true

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Sounds like they are testing out martial Law...We will see what happens

Edit: I apologize for saying this I'm just upset man so many people going through this. Locked in place, yet we are passive about it. SOMEONE should be blamed in these times. The finger should be pointed...no one asked for this. NO one wanted our lives to be ruined/changed over this...SOMEONE should pay..
Sponsored