First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Will definitely be getting it ceramic coated to protect the paint
trust me it's worth the price of admission and even when your car is dirty it'll still shine.
Sponsored

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi All,

I originally was going to get an SGP FK8 but now I'm swaying to CW (always loved the colour on Hondas ever since seeing my first DC2) however I'm concerned about how dirty it gets and how bad it looks while dirty?

I was planning on getting rally armour mudflaps and keeping it in the garage but realistically how bad does the paintwork get? I hate cleaning cars

Thanks
My experience for the CW is that although it “gets” dirty it doesn’t always “look” dirty. The white is like an off white. Hides dirt more that a pure white vehicle. I’ve done a ceramic coat to my paint and oem rims on my 18 CTR and really does help once you are using quality products. I see lots of cars through my business PRECISION AUTO CARE and when you look at cars that are 10+years old the white seems to hold up pretty well and hides scratches. Unlike colours like black, that does not stay clean for more than 5 min and will always require polishing and waxing to keep the shine, eventually burning through the clear coat.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My experience for the CW is that although it “gets” dirty it doesn’t always “look” dirty. The white is like an off white. Hides dirt more that a pure white vehicle. I’ve done a ceramic coat to my paint and oem rims on my 18 CTR and really does help once you are using quality products. I see lots of cars through my business PRECISION AUTO CARE and when you look at cars that are 10+years old the white seems to hold up pretty well and hides scratches. Unlike colours like black, that does not stay clean for more than 5 min and will always require polishing and waxing to keep the shine, eventually burning through the clear coat.
Yeah, my dirt and all the imperfections are only visible if you're on top of the vehicle. That is definitely a plus.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
the off-white color helps a lot. my biggest problem is the brake dust on the rims..

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Others have stated off-white cars looks slightly cleaner even when dirty. This might hold true for most cars as well, my RR doesn't look dirty when it has a small buildup from a distance, but once you walk up to it, it can be more noticeable. What I will say is that brighter colored cars, in general, hide paint swirls better than darker colored cars (blacks being one of the worse with this).

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
I find that it is pretty easy to keep clean. If you don’t like cleaning your car often I recommend a ceramic coat. One thing I will say is if you don’t clean it often because it’s white things will cause stains or discoloration. A ceramic coat will help with this though.

View attachment 198931

69659169-07DD-4366-A725-64FFEEF1E8F4.jpeg
Beautiful car and photo. I too would recommend coating it, even if you do frequently clean your car. I coated mine myself with two coats of Carpro Cquartz UK 3.0, and finished with a topcoat of Carpro Gliss. The depth in the paint and the added gloss is so impressive that I recommend it to everyone curious about doing a coating themselves as amateurs. It's a lot of work, but the results are incredible and the self-cleaning properties are a huge help when it comes to maintaining it against dirt and other contaminants. Not having a ton of time to prep/wax/or seal every few months, coating was the best option for me. Rather than pay a shop to do it, I decided to have some fun and learn the process. I'm so glad I did.

As with any coating/sealant/wax, the key is absolutely the preparation. Don't cut corners as the work really pays off. As info, I also coated my wheels with Carpro DLUX and so far, it's done a fantastic job at minimizing the time spent cleaning them by reducing the brake dust/other contaminant accumulation.

Best of luck and for the record, I LOVE my Championship White. It's the only color for me. Here's a picture, albeit not a great one due to the lighting, of when I just completed the Gliss topcoat. After curing, it looked even better as I cannot overstate the gloss/depth it added to the paint:

Honda Civic 10th gen How hard to keep a white one clean? coatin

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just get the SGP...

F30BF1C4-E7AF-4FE6-AD1A-EC922B19E31D.jpeg
My SGP definitely shows dirt/dust more than my current/past white vehicles. Almost wish I would've went with white but I like that the SGP looks "different" than most of the cars on the road. I feel I have to dust my car almost daily with the SGP but again that's just me being a little OCD to show off my R. :headbang:

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I have owned three white cars, including an E36 M3, and it wasn't bad keeping them clean. Black is much harder because it shows everything. My CTR is PMM and I love the color, but CW was my second choice.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s some dirty pics to get an idea. Needs a wash. About 1.5 weeks + it lightly rained early on.
Honda Civic 10th gen How hard to keep a white one clean? 8EB31E4F-7ABA-4F49-B402-517B18F5CC0F
Honda Civic 10th gen How hard to keep a white one clean? 03150AD7-6E6F-4D3E-9E6A-3B2D5F597AAF
Honda Civic 10th gen How hard to keep a white one clean? 72D56F2D-8AB0-46B4-B2EB-E825EEB3DE97

Last edited:

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Does well hiding dirt/dust. Until a snow/rain storm. Then it's half brown lol I love it though. Do a bit of a pressure wash and watch all the yuck come off (I don't have any ppf or ceramic). Could probably go a while without a wash during summer but wouldn't recommend it. :D

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Mines ceramic coated and it hasn't been too bad. My condelences to all the CBP owners out there though... :(
Sponsored