How hard to keep a white one clean?

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The two challenges I have had are:
1. Removing iron-fallout specs primarily on the side spoilers where water tends to build-up and stay for a while, and on the rear bumper lip. I simply use a clay-bar to remove the specs, but it still takes time.
2. Removing brake dust build-up from the wheels is a routine, but as long as you keep them clean every two weeks or so, future dust will be less likely to get caked onto the wheels. Stay away from harsh cleaners (“spray and walk away”) because those cleaners have very harsh chemicals that can damage your wheels and other components on the suspension linkages. A wheel woolie and a microfiber towel with your favorite car wash will safely remove any dust.
Sponsored

WrongWayWade

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The horizontal kick panels below the doors collect grime really easily and I wash it a lot. I have a white one and the rest of the car never looks terrible, but that gunk at the lower door sills bugs me. I wouldn't say white is harder to 'keep clean'. Many will tell you black is the worst.

I also did a do-it-yourself ceramic coat, (G-Techniq Lite) and I would recommend that. Makes the bad stuff come off much easier.

Kubo99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
The hatch, license plate indent and rear bumper collect a ton of dirt, brake dust, and general crud. That's always the dirtiest spot on mine and if you don't keep it clean those little orange rust circles from the brake dust start to form. Absolutely get a ceramic coat.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
We have lots of salt on our roads this time of year so my CW looks filthy especially on the tailgate, BUT it's a worthwhile trade off as chips, scratches and swirls are hidden extremely well on this colour.

I am tempted by the SGP when the 3 years are up soon, but when my CW is clean and sparkling it looks epic...

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
I like to say all the dirt, salt and grime are forming a protective coating on my car..:rolleyes:

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
... I'm concerned about how dirty it gets and how bad it looks while dirty?

... I hate cleaning cars

Thanks
White should be the only car color you buy. White hides imperfections and "looks" cleaner while dirty.

micheal2008

First Name
hanist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM
Country flag
We cannot use the typical white car wash techniques to clean a white car that has been heavily covered with contaminants. These stains have stuck on your white car surface for a long time and will refuse to go just by normal water wash. To get rid of the residues before cleansing the paintwork underneath, you should conduct a simple decontamination process: chemical and physical.

clam102988

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic SI , 2021 CW FK8
Country flag
I noticed it does get pretty grimey in the rear. Anyone have issues getting random little leaves and stuff trapped in between the license plate tray area?
Sponsored