Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
.......and this is why I haven‘t purchased a used car in my adult life.

This made me laugh really hard.

Update if anyone cares. I just finished my email tune with Drob on just 93 for now.

I have concluded in my own head that its just a valve seal or multiple. I don't think I floated a valve as there's no ticking tapping etc. and the smoke is very little since my W1 doesn't leak anymore and only occurs after I drive away from idling, never while driving or WOT. The car runs just fine besides the smoke at idling conditions. Drob didn't see any thing weird in the data-logs . Not sure if he even would though.

So now I'm debating taking the head off and looking at everything and doing all new gaskets and everything that needs to be replaced, ARP head studs and BC titanium springs and if the head needs machining ill send it to MAP or whomever will do the work. Well get there if we need too. OR. Waiting for the local custom Honda shop to do the work for me.

They said mid February at the soonest.

And as soon as the car is back to running ill put it on the dyno and finish the tune remotely with Drob. just waiting and thinking if I want to go through this or not lol

Moral of the story she hasn't blown up yet! and I'm not gentle...
Sponsored

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone says to use the double washer method for the arp studs. But I suspect you need more that just one extra washer per stud? I understand the washer part number is ARP 200-8529. But how many per stud do we need? Thanks, does anyone have a photo of one done?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone says to use the double washer method for the arp studs. But I suspect you need more that just one extra washer per stud? I understand the washer part number is ARP 200-8529. But how many per stud do we need? Thanks, does anyone have a photo of one done?
I've done several of these. One extra washer per stud. (two washers per stud total) ARP part number 200-8592 is the pack of extra washers.

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Check this shit out!!

I heard a squeak coming from the car a few days ago when I was getting out of the car and shutting the door. Figured it was the damn sway bar, nope. I got this catback feb 2019. So its held for a while but I just contacted MAP so well see what they say... the last picture is of the muffler so you can see I didn't bottom out or anything, the piece of metal just snapped lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3952.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3957.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3958.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3959.JPG

jeff2417

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (PWP), 2006 Acura TSX Base (ABP)
Country flag
Check this shit out!!

I heard a squeak coming from the car a few days ago when I was getting out of the car and shutting the door. Figured it was the damn sway bar, nope. I got this catback feb 2019. So its held for a while but I just contacted MAP so well see what they say... the last picture is of the muffler so you can see I didn't bottom out or anything, the piece of metal just snapped lol.

IMG_3952.JPG

IMG_3957.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

IMG_3959.JPG
Yeah, you're car is officially CURSED. I'd walk away now.!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I may as well have gotten my car knocked up with how stuck I am with it lol.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Holy shit lmaoo. Was that 30+ psi on the stock block?
Ya 36 on a cooler day, 34 on a hot day. Due to the manual boost controller I was using. Was running E35 ontop of meth. For the first time, that day.