how fast?

10thgenamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen 2019 civic si
Country flag
how fast are you? what kinda mods you got on? how fast are you tryna be?
Sponsored

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely not fast. Like not slow; still quick enough to have fun in corners and turns, but not straight line speed. I'm happy with the car's performance now (stock) but I'd like to get a tune (hondata/ktuner) and downpipe, etc. The virus got me not working so definitely not anytime soon?

OP
OP

10thgenamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen 2019 civic si
Country flag
Definitely not fast. Like not slow; still quick enough to have fun in corners and turns, but not straight line speed. I'm happy with the car's performance now (stock) but I'd like to get a tune (hondata/ktuner) and downpipe, etc. The virus got me not working so definitely not anytime soon?
What’s up man? I got my car over a month ago but i got some stuff done to it (exhaust and tune) I love the car, even though I really wanted a type R. I’m just tryna get faster but I’m just worried that I might push too much too early. Anybody got an idea on how much our cars can push on stock motor without running into problems?

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
What’s up man? I got my car over a month ago but i got some stuff done to it (exhaust and tune) I love the car, even though I really wanted a type R. I’m just tryna get faster but I’m just worried that I might push too much too early. Anybody got an idea on how much our cars can push on stock motor without running into problems?
The common numbers people usually stop at are around 300whp/trq, but it depends on the car. not every car is the same. I have an intake, flex fuel kit, wheels/tires, and Hondata +9 custom tune. I can't dyno the car since I don't have a clutch but since my tune was based off my buddies, we guesstimate my car sits at around 250 whp and around 280-290 trq. My car hasn't given me any issues at all. The most ethanol I run in the car is around 45%, any higher and I feel like i'm pushing the car a little too much. But overall, I love my car, its great in straight lines, but also pretty good around corners. Eventually I'll get around to doing springs, and maybe just a strut bar to stiffen up a bit more. But I think I'm done modding my car for my standards.

OP
OP

10thgenamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen 2019 civic si
Country flag
The common numbers people usually stop at are around 300whp/trq, but it depends on the car. not every car is the same. I have an intake, flex fuel kit, wheels/tires, and Hondata +9 custom tune. I can't dyno the car since I don't have a clutch but since my tune was based off my buddies, we guesstimate my car sits at around 250 whp and around 280-290 trq. My car hasn't given me any issues at all. The most ethanol I run in the car is around 45%, any higher and I feel like i'm pushing the car a little too much. But overall, I love my car, its great in straight lines, but also pretty good around corners. Eventually I'll get around to doing springs, and maybe just a strut bar to stiffen up a bit more. But I think I'm done modding my car for my standards.
Are you ever thinking about getting a turbo? or any major modifications to the engine?

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Are you ever thinking about getting a turbo? or any major modifications to the engine?
I thought about it, but I'm not sure I want to but that much money into this car. I like how the car functions now, after all it is my daily.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i came from fast cars, love this the most (celica gt vert with 90hp was better RIP BUDDY)

EVO X shot flames and FP green made it go zoom zoom.

now i am running TSP or MAP stage ones. intake in the mail from MAP. Spare tire delete lol. Im happy.

OP
OP

10thgenamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen 2019 civic si
Country flag
i came from fast cars, love this the most (celica gt vert with 90hp was better RIP BUDDY)

EVO X shot flames and FP green made it go zoom zoom.

now i am running TSP or MAP stage ones. intake in the mail from MAP. Spare tire delete lol. Im happy.
That’s great to hear man! What made you switch?

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s great to hear man! What made you switch?
headaches from modding, never happy with anything- something always bugged me.
-350z felt slow for the money
-evo x too modded i coulndt sleep for fear itd blow up next day
-sti was commuter car
-frs was close to good but slow even with full headerback and tune
-celica vert was perfect. 1990's japanese cars omg
-rx7 was the nonturbo fc3

civic is good mpg, tuned feels like my sti did stock, amazing AMAZING interior :):cough:: nissan ::cough::), sunroof = win, head unit and hondahack rule, and i love its styling.

OP
OP

10thgenamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen 2019 civic si
Country flag
Pretty fast, and when things break I take it to Honda and they fix it with no questions because it's bone stock.

Any money you spend upgrading your Si is money that can't be spent on a down payment on a Type R, which is faster out of the gate, has more tuning head room, and is a better car in every respect except for "does it have an enclosed trunk"
That’s a good point?? I couldn’t get the type R so I just got the Si. But I’m trying to save up for a Mustang GT350 for my next car or a 5.0 at least. I got things done to my car now but I think what I got now is enough for awhile.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
That’s a good point?? I couldn’t get the type R so I just got the Si. But I’m trying to save up for a Mustang GT350 for my next car or a 5.0 at least. I got things done to my car now but I think what I got now is enough for awhile.
I was contemplating the 5.0 as my next car also lol

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
The Mustang, or any of the muscle/pony cars, are a thousand times better looking than the Type R with it's big bulbous butt with the huge wing, IMO.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Any money you spend upgrading your Si is money that can't be spent on a down payment on a Type R, which is faster out of the gate, has more tuning head room, and is a better car in every respect except for "does it have an enclosed trunk"
My SI was 22.5k I think that leaves quite a bit of headroom for spending money on mods before "yOu ShOuLd hAvE jUsT bOuGhT a TyPe R!" becomes a valid argument.

and it gets 40mpg HWY which is great for me because I do 25k miles a year.
Sponsored