How far did you travel to pick up Type R?

Front Runner

I'm always ready, let's go!
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I traveled about 115 miles from home to pick up my R.
Sponsored

lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
To pick up my 2005 s2000 was about 150 miles but to get my brand new Type R maybe a 10 mile drive !!! Local for the win :)

FanboyFK8

First Name
RallyeRED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
flew in. purchased and drove back 865 miles. got it for a little less than MSRP.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen How far did you travel to pick up Type R? FEB2458F-E014-46FE-8C86-F0AEE2B01557
Flew one-way from NW FL to ATL’bout $300 short notice w/Delta, worth it! Why? Saved over $7,500 under our local golden chariot wielding local Honda dealers buying close to MSRP. Ours nearby wanted $9,995 and $8,000 over, no wiggle room, total BS, greedy.
So, ATL dealer reimbursed me for Uber to NE Gwinnett and was hospitable, had great integrity. Even though I gave healthy deposit, no hold beyond 72 hrs so I went there quick. No test drive allowed until financing approved (I had credit union loan in hand, they matched it via Honda w/incentives). Got fed as service dept had catered that day. Late afternoon I drove back home about 325 miles in 6 hours, long day, awesome driving and comfy throughout, still feel that way without as much initial adrenaline.

Greatest joy was dropping by local dealer the next day to buy a FL road tire & wheel protection policy and them realizing not everyone is going to pay their inflated price!

R-gueably, with radio buttons now, the ‘19 Civic Type R is Honda’s best car ever.

View attachment 185778

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealers here, in Dallas, have multiple Type Rs on the lots.where i I got my EX, they had 10. Others had anywhere from 8-12 per lot.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Shipping car 1900 miles (Sarasota to Denver). Being picked up tomorrow and dropped off at ppf shop.

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Traveled about 5 miles from my house to get mine. Car was on the lot for 2 months, so got it at invoice pricing so they could move it.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
Walked, 1/2 a mile to Arrowhead Honda in Arizona from my house. I've bought many Honda's from them, all the previous one's were for my wife. It's great to have a dealer so close that takes care of you.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
R Mode,

I think you win the award for closest to purchase at walking a half mile to the dealer. If you called them and said what you were interested in maybe they would have come picked you up?

it would have been extra cool if you could go by horseback then ask if they take trade ins.

My wife has a bad back now from when I rode her to the dealer but they wouldn’t take a 50y/o top heavy blonde as a trade in.

I got a Highlander for my wife instead. I drive it a few times a week and occasionally miss my wife as I think they took her to an auction, good cook but still best deal ever!

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
R Mode,

I think you win the award for closest to purchase at walking a half mile to the dealer. If you called them and said what you were interested in maybe they would have come picked you up?

it would have been extra cool if you could go by horseback then ask if they take trade ins.

My wife has a bad back now from when I rode her to the dealer but they wouldn’t take a 50y/o top heavy blonde as a trade in.

I got a Highlander for my wife instead. I drive it a few times a week and occasionally miss my wife as I think they took her to an auction, good cook but still best deal ever!
I'm sure they would have come and picked me up. My salesperson, Austin, was pretty excited when the car came in after having a deposit waiting for it for 10 weeks. I wanted to walk though. As I approached the dealership all the salespeople out front greeted me by name with big smiles on their faces. 2 years into this Type R and they were all still pretty jazzed whenever a new one was about to roll.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
R Mo,

Sounds like you’re staying healthy on foot and have a nice dealer with local flavor and appreciation that often lacks in today’s online and lowest price wins. Congrats on two years of R ownership. Surely you’re accustomed to being checked out and challenged probably more by reg sporty MSRP true sports cars, at least that’s typical here, let’s see what tha thing willl wait, where did he go?

local dealer here knows me because I. Stalked them for a Black Edition Ridgeline couple years ago but got tired of 4 mo so got it in P’cola, unfortunately not that far from the NAS shooting today. I turned it into a Type R wannabe and was in today (CTR TPMS PITA, found out it holds old decals but weights newest most for comparison of wheel speeds so they reset, erasing all, 5 days straight went off and pressures were ok, not as even as fancy digi-gauge said though).

Anyway, I’m the guy in our small city town has led to around 10 inquiries how to get a Ridgeline Type R, funny.

On way there I saw new gray CTR stopped and we talked, week old, they drove it to him from Tampa, 7 hours SE. I’m late 50’s this couple was about 70 and normally would be seen in a CRV. He didn’t pay for delivery and included lifetime warranty but on debate I didn’t get to ask (aluminum rust protection?)
First thing I said was, “Isn’t that car more fun to drive than any other you’ve had in your life? Absolutely!

Any lessons learned on Mx, mods, experience appreciated.

I do like the people at our dealership just not their I can’t compete with big cities attitude. Every dealer pays the same for a Honda as any other so it’s how long they want to keep an R or can charge for it. Your pre-order inspired synergy, they felt your excitement build.

I’m rambling but want to know silly things like how’s the Seat material doing? Rub rims yet/at all? Keep OEM tires & wheels? Private message is ok too if you’re interested in comparing notes, I like the nick!

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
FEB2458F-E014-46FE-8C86-F0AEE2B01557.jpeg
Flew one-way from NW FL to ATL’bout $300 short notice w/Delta, worth it! Why? Saved over $7,500 under our local golden chariot wielding local Honda dealers buying close to MSRP. Ours nearby wanted $9,995 and $8,000 over, no wiggle room, total BS, greedy.
So, ATL dealer reimbursed me for Uber to NE Gwinnett and was hospitable, had great integrity. Even though I gave healthy deposit, no hold beyond 72 hrs so I went there quick. No test drive allowed until financing approved (I had credit union loan in hand, they matched it via Honda w/incentives). Got fed as service dept had catered that day. Late afternoon I drove back home about 325 miles in 6 hours, long day, awesome driving and comfy throughout, still feel that way without as much initial adrenaline.

Greatest joy was dropping by local dealer the next day to buy a FL road tire & wheel protection policy and them realizing not everyone is going to pay their inflated price!

R-gueably, with radio buttons now, the ‘19 Civic Type R is Honda’s best car ever.

View attachment 185778
Hahaha yeah I went into Gary smith in FWB like a month ago and saw their red one for 47k. Asked them why theirs is worth 10k more than mine and look of shock on their face was great

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hahaha yeah I went into Gary smith in FWB like a month ago and saw their red one for 47k. Asked them why theirs is worth 10k more than mine and look of shock on their face was great
You got it Mark, P’cola was $8k over for starters but nothing inbound until a black R in Jan, this was late Sep. Saw the SM in our town, nice guy but now he realizes I was serious about buying, just not at $10k over MSRP as that might have been ok 3 years ago, not now The list of hi/lo priced dealers here was helpful. See ya’ around town!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I travelled a massive 1.1 miles to the dealership. I was so worn out from the drive home I had to go straight to bed. ? I am very fortunate to be so conveniently located to literally everything you need within a 5 mile radius of me. I live 1.5 miles from the highway on ramp. It’s super convenient for getting anywhere in the city in a hurry.

I have E85 0.3 miles from my garage to the pump. ?

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
About 5 km.
When I sent them an email they already had a Boost Blue waiting in the Shipping yard with no owner. It was mine within 3 weeks at MSRP (Canada)
Sponsored