How do you store trash in your Civic?

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm loving my Civic and posted on other topics here. Here is one a bit less serious.

How do you store trash in your car that you might not always remove immediately on exit, like a drink cup? Anything interesting or unusual using a side compartment, glovebox, or center console other than just dropping the crumbled papers in there? Something that doesn't just involve a grocery store plastic bag on the passenger floor mat? :)
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm loving my Civic and posted on other topics here. Here is one a bit less serious.

How do you store trash in your car that you might not always remove immediately on exit, like a drink cup? Anything interesting or unusual using a side compartment, glovebox, or center console other than just dropping the crumbled papers in there? Something that doesn't just involve a grocery store plastic bag on the passenger floor mat? :)
I got a little nylon garbage can at Walmart and attached it with the velcro it comes with to the hump between the rear seats.

Honda Civic 10th gen How do you store trash in your Civic? IMG_1987.JPG

OP
OP

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I got a little nylon garbage can at Walmart and attached it with the velcro it comes with to the hump between the rear seats.

IMG_1987.JPG
Thanks! I knew folks would have clever ideas. Keep 'em coming. :)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I don't store any trash in my car.

NOT because I'm a neat freak, but it's really the opposite: if I start leaving a little bit in there, I'll keep thinking, "Ehhh... I'll clean it out soon..." and before you know it, it's piled up to the back windows.

skullan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX (6MT), formerly a 2006 Hyundai Accent.
Country flag
I don't store any trash in my car.

NOT because I'm a neat freak, but it's really the opposite: if I start leaving a little bit in there, I'll keep thinking, "Ehhh... I'll clean it out soon..." and before you know it, it's piled up to the back windows.
This. Before the Honda, my prior cars were hand me downs from my wife. I really just let the garbage flow, it was bad. Like seat level high bad before cleaning.

With the Civic, I switched to a reusable coffee cup, I don't allow eating in my car and I take any garbage out immediately. My kids have learned these rules too.

My wife is surprised and I have maintained this behaviour over a year

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With the Civic, I switched to a reusable coffee cup,...
This would work for me. Minimal capacity, and easy to throw out the whole thing when you're walking into a store (there's almost always a trash can near a store entrance) or back into the house.

If I have to eat in the car, like on a road trip, I use the bag that I bought the food in.

HOWEVER... when we get to the point where plastic bags are banned (and I've got no complaint about banning them), I'll have to figure out something else.

skullan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX (6MT), formerly a 2006 Hyundai Accent.
Country flag
The reusable coffee cup works well for me because on the way to work in the morning. Using a Country Style Ecocup the refill cost in my area is $1.05 taxes in, versus $1.50.

OP
OP

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
This. Before the Honda, my prior cars were hand me downs from my wife. I really just let the garbage flow, it was bad. Like seat level high bad before cleaning.

With the Civic, I switched to a reusable coffee cup, I don't allow eating in my car and I take any garbage out immediately. My kids have learned these rules too.

My wife is surprised and I have maintained this behaviour over a year
Thank you. The cup idea is nice and compact.

My kids also are not allowed to eat in my Civic. They can (and do) ruin their mother's van. Too many a fast food cup left in a cup holder that have seeped through, rock-hard, months old French fries under seats, and worse. They could feed a small country with the crap left behind. I hate it. My Civic is basically pristine since I bought it in the Fall.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To answer the question (and not make an almost-snarky comment about one's lifestyle like I did earlier) --
Something like this would be fine. I think a liner bag would help -- some of those little bags you get in the produce section at the grocery store should fit great.

Is this bag thing washable, too? Like, can you toss it in with a load of laundry?

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch

IMG_1987.JPG
stealing this.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I stick any garbage like wrappers, parking stubs, receipts directly into my pockets. Not gonna let myself slip into a habit of turning my car into a dumpster on wheels. It irks me to ride in my buddy's car and to see him literally toss any and all garbage right into the backseat footwells.

when it comes to passengers and cups, I slide the cupholder back hidden under the armrest and tell them they'll have to hold the cup because my car doesn't come with any. You should see the looks on their faces to think that a car in 2017 DOESN'T HAVE CUP HOLDERS.:D

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to empty all trash out of my car ASAP. I once saw a guy who traded in a Chevy Trailblazer with almost 3 feet of trash from the back of his front seats to the rear window. He came in with the car he bought 3 days after he bought it and it was filled to the same depth. 3 DAYS! Please don't be one of those people.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stick any garbage like wrappers, parking stubs, receipts directly into my pockets. Not gonna let myself slip into a habit of turning my car into a dumpster on wheels. It irks me to ride in my buddy's car and to see him literally toss any and all garbage right into the backseat footwells.
That's exactly what I use it for. I won't throw any gross food wrappers that will stink up my car in there. Just the random crap like the stuff you mentioned that tends to get stuffed everywhere and adds up over time.
Sponsored