Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I bought the Honda Horn Upgrade Kit from College Hills Honda and wanted to add in the new horn. I am currently having an issue removing the stock horn from the connector. How do you remove it? I tried to squeeze it with my fingers and then pull but it would not budge. I'd assume there is a lock on the connector but I cannot feel it. To those of you who already replaced the stock horn? How did you guys do it?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't remember a lock. Did you try pressing the button with either a pair of pliers or a flat head screwdriver while making sure the plug is pressed all the way against the horn, then pulling them apart?

OP
OP
Robot3RK

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't remember a lock. Did you try pressing the button with either a pair of pliers or a flat head screwdriver while making sure the plug is pressed all the way against the horn, then pulling them apart?
So far I tried pressing two sides of the connector and pulling with force but it won't budge (using my fingers only). I even tried wiggling it out instead of a straight hold and pull and still no movement. I saw an old YouTube video of someone quickly pulling it out with their fingers only but they did it so fast and did not explain how they did it in the video.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
There *might* have been a tab on one side that required a small flathead to lift. You can see one here on the CHH adapter.

Honda Civic 10th gen How Do You Remove the Horn Connector? 0s03a_750x562

OP
OP
Robot3RK

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I got help with the install. Turns out there is a single lock at the end for the removal.
Sponsored