• Bluetooth

Votes: 53 24.5%

• Total voters

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Yooo. Huge Opeth & Steven Wilson fan here, as well!
If you dig that kinda music, you owe it to yourself to check out Agalloch if you haven't already. It's a little bit black metal instead of Opeth's earlier death metal tinged sound, but it's so much more than that too. Their albums The Mantle and Ashes Against the Grain are amaziiiiiiing! /fanboy
Sponsored

rpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
I've had a lot of problems like this using cheap USB cables. Problem solved going to my original Samsung cable.
Have you noticed a big difference in sound quality going from audio streaming in Android Auto to bluetooth? I'm betting your sound quality gets decimated going through bluetooth, particularly if it's in a lossless format.
You are absolutely right that the quality of the cable matters when it comes to Android Auto! I ended up getting a really nice braided cable from Anker and I'm no longer having dropped connections. As far as audio quality goes, I don't really have a good way to test my FLAC files on AA because I can't seem to play them.. Poweramp sadly doesn't work in AA. If Honda used a Bluetooth receiver capable of AptX, the audio quality really shouldn't be affected though. Audio quality over Bluetooth is leaps and bounds better than anything coming from Sirius Radio, that's for sure!

VI001101106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
If you dig that kinda music, you owe it to yourself to check out Agalloch if you haven't already. It's a little bit black metal instead of Opeth's earlier death metal tinged sound, but it's so much more than that too. Their albums The Mantle and Ashes Against the Grain are amaziiiiiiing! /fanboy
Dude. Totally was into Agalloch when Ashes Against the Grain came out (holy shit, 2006?).

VI001101106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
You are absolutely right that the quality of the cable matters when it comes to Android Auto! I ended up getting a really nice braided cable from Anker and I'm no longer having dropped connections. As far as audio quality goes, I don't really have a good way to test my FLAC files on AA because I can't seem to play them.. Poweramp sadly doesn't work in AA. If Honda used a Bluetooth receiver capable of AptX, the audio quality really shouldn't be affected though. Audio quality over Bluetooth is leaps and bounds better than anything coming from Sirius Radio, that's for sure!
Yo, streaming Tidal makes such a difference even if it's not using apt-X.

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Dude. Totally was into Agalloch when Ashes Against the Grain came out (holy shit, 2006?).
Haha yesssssssss! Yeah that was a long time ago...those albums still get a lot of rotation from me, prob my #1 favorite band overall. Sucks that they broke up, I never got to see 'em perform.

rpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
Yo, streaming Tidal makes such a difference even if it's not using apt-X.
Good to know. I prefer to have all of my music stored on my device for the most part. I'm on a limited data plan and can't always stream music, but when I can I'm using TuneIn Premium as most of their premium streams are 320kbps. YUUUUGE improvement over Sirius sound quality, and it works well in Android Auto.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I listen to an ipod nano via USB. I've got about 300 songs on it so far in 16/44000 WAV. It sounds really good, sound quality wise. I tried bluetooth but the sq is crap.

techbrute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback, 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring
I'm an old man and still sometimes listen to the radio.

I use iTunes (IOS music player), Spotify, Amazon Music, and Audible (audio books for old people). I wind up using bluetooth a lot because Apple Carplay requires plugging my phone in, and I usually just leave it in my pocket.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Now that Prince is streaming again, I use Amazon Music. My go to is usually my iPod because I know that I love everything on it. :lock:

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any dubstep type music recommendations? Someone here on the forum posted a shot of their headunit with artist called Terminite. I love their stuff...

Anything else? Here is a track I like at the moment:

pgcivic

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
I always use Apple Music. First I do when I get in my car is plug my phone. That being said, I'd like to used a USB also for certain albums or playlist that I don't want to store on my phone. My only problem is that when I plug in my USB, there is a double copy of each song, and one of the copy doesn't work. How do I fix this to only have one copy of each song only. Also what format song do you use??? Because I have an iPhone, all my music are m4a files.

Old guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I use my iPod. Use it at work and in the car, that way it stays charged. No commercials, good sound, have 7,300 songs on it, on shuffle, so get a good variety.