First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use Bluetooth 100% of the time, I would love to use Apple Car Play but its very bad to have your phone plugged into a power source if the battery isn't dead and doesn't need charging. Spotify is my main and only music source i love it!!
Sponsored

pgcivic

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
I use Bluetooth 100% of the time, I would love to use Apple Car Play but its very bad to have your phone plugged into a power source if the battery isn't dead and doesn't need charging. Spotify is my main and only music source i love it!!
If you look it up, you'll find that having your phone plugged into a power source when the battery doesn't need charging is not bad for your phone. Plus Apple would not create a product that would ruined their device when it needs to be plugged in to use.

phdninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport (SGP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look it up, you'll find that having your phone plugged into a power source when the battery doesn't need charging is not bad for your phone.
It does technically reduce the life span of the battery electrodes due to charge movement and potential electrolyte breakdown; however, on a phone that usually doesn't last 2 years before being replaced,it's not really worth noting.

SamualSS

First Name
Samual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Benz
Country flag
I use the DRmare Audio Converter mac to save the songs on Apple Music and listen to them on my phone. I also access the songs via Bluetooth in my car. It is so convenient. I like the playback of the songs as I can enjoy them offline.

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Since this thread has come back to life:

-HondaHacked.
-Head-unit tethered WiFI to a dedicated, old android phone's hotspot (using a free GoogleFi data-only sim). I've config'd the phone to turn off/reboot on power disconnect/reconnect. Keeps the charge pretty well and only occasionally have to bring it inside for a full recharge..
-Installed various streaming services onto the head-unit via HondaHack, my fav is BBC iPlayer Radio (look for an old version).
-Also have Waze and a weather app installed on the head-unit.
-Additionally, I use KDE-Connect on my phone and head-unit to get notifications from my phone (that aren't texts). This also lets me transfer files very easily.
-My main phone is connected normally via BT for calls.
-Also, have OBDII connected via USB + Torque on the head-unit.

kellyken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Country flag
Now I am using Tidal to listen to music. And to play Tidal music offline on other devices offline, I also use the tool Tidal Converter for Mac to help me. This program can convert Tidal music tracks as local files on the computer and then I can stream the Tidal music to any other devices for listening.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Order of use:

1. Bluetooth - 9/10 times (daily), using YouTube Music or Spotify; I like the ease of entering the car and having the car’s audio system automatically connect to the phone

2. Apple CarPlay - only when traveling to an unfamiliar place and need to see Waze on the navigation screen, or when I have a guest (friend or relative) who want to use Spotify, or YouTube Music to find some tunes

JAMJAMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini2
Country flag
I use Bluetooth before,but it is not steady enough so I decided to listen Spotify by CD.CD brings me a new experience although a little complex. I need to convert Spotify music to MP3 then burn the converted songs to CD.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Even though bluetooth is the most convenient my experience has been that apple carplay via USB connection has much better sound quality. My songs are all recorded in 16/44.100 (CD quality) so the difference is very noticable. But most people probably have music on their phone recorded in low-res MP3 so in that case the sound quality difference wouldn't be much if anything at all.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
carplay 100% !
I can see my playlists (spotify), scroll music list and all, bluetooth is fine too

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Bluetooth most the time.. have 16GB on my 256GB micro SD card and I just go from the music app when not listening to the tuner
Sponsored