How do you let other people play songs?

etcetc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Sadly there's no AUX cable in my new 2016 EX Civic, so I was wondering how I would pass off music duties to the front seat passenger in my car.

I can't seem to get the center USB working, am I supposed to be able to play music off of phones through that or just a USB drive? Really disappointed if I can't have another phone play music without disconnecting mine from the main USB port.

Do I really have to connect the other phone to bluetooth?
Sponsored

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Only one phone works through USB from my understanding. The other USB is for flash drives. It's not a computer, the infotainment system has a limited OS and processing power and likely couldn't handle trying to interface with two phones at once the way it does through the main USB. Bluetooth is the best option. Or if the music they want to play is on your phone, just have them do it through your phone.

OP
OP

etcetc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Only one phone works through USB from my understanding. The other USB is for flash drives. It's not a computer, the infotainment system has a limited OS and processing power and likely couldn't handle trying to interface with two phones at once the way it does through the main USB. Bluetooth is the best option. Or if the music they want to play is on your phone, just have them do it through your phone.
Very disappointing. At the very least they could've included an aux cable.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2016 Acura MDX, 2006 Acura RSX, 2016 Honda Civic coupe touring
Honda might have a AUX input jack option, I had that in my 2006 Civic.
I had AUX port on my 2013 Accord and my 2015 Fit has an HDMI port. I think they're being phased out on most cars.
Sponsored