How do you know you married the right person?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I picked up my Si after the dealer worked on the A/C to try to fix a noise it's been making under warranty.

My wife and I noticed they had 2 CTRs sitting in front... one white and one red (first ones we've ever seen too!). She actually pointed over at one and said, "Hey that's a type R right?" to which I replied that it was.

She asked how much power it had... "306." I said. "How much do we have, again" she asks. "Around 240." I reply (I've got the TSP stage 1 and the PRL drop-in filter). "Oh..." she replies. "...do you think we should just trade the Si and show up tomorrow in a type R?" she asks, referring to Fontana.

I sputtered for a moment... the said, "Well babe... it's a 2+2, so we couldn't take all 5 of us as it is. I'd have to buy the seats out if another trim and add a 3rd belt to fit the family." (sad when I'm the practical one)

"Oh..." she replies... "Well, do you think we could get some more power out of what we have?"

"Yes, my dear... and it won't cost us $20k above our trade to do it."

Then she drove the car right after we got back without the tune flashed back, acknowledged it was awful and told me to, "put it back!"

Yep. She's a keeper.
Sponsored

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
So I picked up my Si after the dealer worked on the A/C to try to fix a noise it's been making under warranty.

My wife and I noticed they had 2 CTRs sitting in front... one white and one red (first ones we've ever seen too!). She actually pointed over at one and said, "Hey that's a type R right?" to which I replied that it was.

She asked how much power it had... "306." I said. "How much do we have, again" she asks. "Around 240." I reply (I've got the TSP stage 1 and the PRL drop-in filter). "Oh..." she replies. "...do you think we should just trade the Si and show up tomorrow in a type R?" she asks, referring to Fontana.

I sputtered for a moment... the said, "Well babe... it's a 2+2, so we couldn't take all 5 of us as it is. I'd have to buy the seats out if another trim and add a 3rd belt to fit the family." (sad when I'm the practical one)

"Oh..." she replies... "Well, do you think we could get some more power out of what we have?"

"Yes, my dear... and it won't cost us $20k above our trade to do it."

Then she drove the car right after we got back without the tune flashed back, acknowledged it was awful and told me to, "put it back!"

Yep. She's a keeper.
Sir, you are a lucky man. A wife interested in cars is pretty rare I imagine. And, one that can drive manual is even more rare...

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure you weren't conversing with another dude? Haha, kidding man, I've already told how blessed you are in another thread. My wife couldn't be more opposite. Doesn't understand my fascination with cars, hates spending money on things we don't "need", dislikes sports, doesn't particularly like sex. Besides that, she's great! :hmm:

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Are you sure you weren't conversing with another dude? Haha, kidding man, I've already told how blessed you are in another thread. My wife couldn't be more opposite. Doesn't understand my fascination with cars, hates spending money on things we don't "need", dislikes sports, doesn't particularly like sex. Besides that, she's great! :hmm:
Yeah I feel ya, ugh. I thinks she likes our car, she's called it pretty and cute. I even replaced those tiny vanity lights using tweezers, with nice white LEDs, so she can do her makeup:D lol, plus I wanted them all to match. She doesn't drive though partly because of medical reasons. If she only knew how fun it is to drive a tuned Honda:drive:

Last edited:

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah... she cleaned the inside of the car before it got dark, I gave the outside a quick wipedown... changed the oil a bit ago... reflashed back to TSP Stage 1 and took the car on a long loop, filling up along the way. Had to make sure it... 'took'. :drive:

We're taking an 'avoid the interstate' route to Wake the Dragon tomorrow. Funny... she'll be doing most of the driving there. I'll be nerding it out doing Calc 2 homework and trying to keep the kids from dumping all of their food on the just-cleaned floor.

She really is more interested in end results than the work/process to get there when it comes to cars... and I'm the opposite. I've been a little resistant doing a turbo or ethanol sensor as they're obviously mods during the bumper-to-bumper period where I might still get randomness covered... but I don't think I'm getting out of this year without one or the other (and then a clutch almost certainly). We'll see. I think she's going to be bit by the bug a bit seeing/hearing a bunch of other cars.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Married for 48 years this month, since the early 80's shes gone from Civics, to Accord coupes and now to Fits (lighter doors, helps with arthritis) currently a 19 Fit EX-L Navi in Modern Steel Metallic. I've gone from Civic Coupes, to Integras, back to Civic Coupes, to Accord Coupes, back to Civic Coupes in 2004,( this one was silver) 06,10, 13, 16 and now a 19 Touring Coupe (all white BTW) She refuses to even consider any car other than a Honda, and I'm similarly satisfied with Honda's. I'd venture to say we're automotively compatible at the least, she had one side mistake in the 90's with a Saab ( she Absolutely hated it!, total piece of automotive detritus) so, we're united in preferene and love of each other and Hondas, I think she's a keeper.

alanadavid

First Name
Alana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan
Country flag
My second wife has a love for cars and bikes. When I married her, she already has a 2019 Honda Civic Sedan. But she leaves repairing and car servicing duties to me. Now, I have my own shop of Auto-parts & accessories. You can find discount coupons on the site "reecoupons" if you want.
Sponsored