How do you get traction under high power?

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was on a high quality concrete road and was accelerating in sport mode with the TSP Stage 2 tune and E41. The tires started slipping at about 45+ mph in second gear! I have stock all seasons. What good is power if you can't lay it down. I know that better tires would help, but only so much. With people who have upgraded their turbos, I could imagine they would be in an even worse situation! What can I do to get the power on the ground?
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I was on a high quality concrete road and was accelerating in sport mode with the TSP Stage 2 tune and E41. The tires started slipping at about 45+ mph in second gear! I have stock all seasons. What good is power if you can't lay it down. I know that better tires would help, but only so much. With people who have upgraded their turbos, I could imagine they would be in an even worse situation! What can I do to get the power on the ground?
Concrete is a terrible surface for tires, It’s very harsh on them, unlike nicely paved asphalt. Better tires like summer Pilots will make a night day difference, as they did for me

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
The stock all seasons are bad without mods. You've modded and still complain about the horrible stock tires? Like everyone else said, get some better tires and if those slip too, remember it's FWD.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://store.27won.com/10th-gen-civic-rear-motor-mount.html
Testimony proven

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
slightly higher spring rates, 200tw tires and throttle freaking control.

blackfc1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have almost the same power mods, and I still have no traction until 3rd gear with Indy 500 255/35 r18 tires. Fine tuning your boost by gear is probably your best bet.

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have almost the same power mods, and I still have no traction until 3rd gear with Indy 500 255/35 r18 tires. Fine tuning your boost by gear is probably your best bet.
Pity the poor guys with even more power. (e.g. Bigger Turbo). Such a waste!

Do you have an upgraded motor mount?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does an upgraded motor mount make that much a difference off the line over the stock one? I'm guessing the motor mount helps keep the engine stable under high torque? Sorry for the nob question, moding is pretty new to me

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Does an upgraded motor mount make that much a difference off the line over the stock one? I'm guessing the motor mount helps keep the engine stable under high torque? Sorry for the nob question, moding is pretty new to me
from my experience, not really. it mainly annoyed the shit our of me with the loud ass vibrationd and drone

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks Boosted. Yeah I do recall the vibration under acceleration, but chalked that up to engine internals doing their magic. But that vibration can be lessened with a quality rear motor mount upgrade?
Sponsored