How do you deal with tight parking lots?

lunarsilver

Lunarsilver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
I'm moving into an apartment with a real tight parking lot situation. It's a big apartment complex, and I actually saw a Type R a block away, but I am just trying to prevent a possible scratch or dent that may inevitably happen over the course of the year.

Anyone have any tips like a dash cam, 3M film wrap from scratches, posting a camera on the outside on my apt pointing at my car, or what are your tips for this?
I have a 16 civic... Moved to a townhouse home in 20. The 2nd day I was there I saw my next door neighbors kid open there car door right into my car....... They turned out to be dumbasses for the whole year..... Thank God that's over with..... The answer to your question is....... You can't be there all the time...... Hope you have good neighbors.......
Sponsored

Jazzman0718

First Name
Fitz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dashcams have motion and vibration activation, but unless you want to install 4 to cover your car entirely, idk if it's worth the investment. Plus, they're notorious for draining batteries
I wired a pair of cams to a circuit that was always on and it worked fine. Until My office closed. Once I stopped running 120 miles a day the battery was easily drained by the cameras. Now I have them wired to the window circuit so it only comes on when I'm in accessory or start the engine

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag

dhgaimez

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Like other said, find a spot and make it yours.
I also like to park in between two newer cars that back in if I can, that way I know they use reverse cameras.

If you park next to others like yourself that take care of their car, they'll do their best not to hit yours.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
It's going to happen at some point, no matter what.. You just get to a point; maybe it's age, experience, or both, and that type of shit doesn't bother you as much as it did..

Oh and it's still just a Civic.. Now a Crosstour.. that's a whole nother level of machine :)

EDIT: Oh, it's been a minute since I've had to deal with tight/busy parking lots.. But where I worked before, there were a few of us 'car guys' (muscle, jdm, euro), so we all took over a back corner of the parking lot.. hella far away from the bldg, lol.. 'No Dings Land' is what we called it
Sponsored

Last edited: