How do I store 2016 Touring in my garage for a month?

First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I will be away for about a month. Should I be disconnecting battery terminals on my car before I go? Is there a way around that since I have never really done that before. Any tips, suggestions or advice for storing civic for a month? Not sure if I should fill up the gas tank to the full or leave it empty.

thank you!
Sponsored

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would just get a battery tender and hook it up. That is pretty much all you have to do.

It is better to have a full tank of gas. Less air in the tank means less chance of condensation since it is Autumn and the temps are falling.

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport, Volvo 940, couple of e36 BMW
Country flag
a month is short period of time, dont worry about the gas much, but yes more gas is better, and I would at least disconnect the battery so its not draining as fast as connected, Its not hard, you will manage that for sure, idealy take it out and store it somewhere inside where is warmer, not on the concrete garage floor, buying battery tender is also solution but I never used it, so cant comment on that. Here is YT vid with step by step on how to change battery.

Sponsored