youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
I was wondering how the approach was to remove the reflectors on the 2019 honda civic coupe. I attached a picture for reference of how it looks. Taking a look at it on the car, under the bumper i do see a red tab i can push up against, second option, is to take off the black part the red reflector is attached to to work at the red tab.

Does anyone know the proper method to remove these reflectors?

Honda Civic 10th gen How Do I remove the rear reflectors? Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 4.31.22 PM
Sponsored

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you ever figure this out? I'm attempting the same thing but can't figure out how to pop them out.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I saw someone replace the reflectors on their hatch and it required removing the whole rear bumper IIRC. Not sure if its the only way but it's definitely A way

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
IIRC, the process is similar, you need to remove the bumper and then unhook all the tabs securing the black trim. The reflectors are hooked into the black trim from the inside.

Be prepared for all sorts of dust and rocks to fall out of the car when you loosen the bumper. You can do it with one person, but it's easier if you had a buddy.

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ignore the red circle. As you can see, you have to remove the whole bumper. It's easy though. I'd get help because I scratched my tail light trying to put it back on myself.

Honda Civic 10th gen How Do I remove the rear reflectors? 20200720_102943

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Did you get all the rocks and dust too? Mine had pieces of rubber and a wood screw hiding in the covers. So glad I didnt drive over it.

Protip, double check the edges where it meets the fender. My car had binding in this area and it rubbed off the finish. And that was straight out of the factory.