How do I reboot Audio system on 2017 Civic?

Spaceboy88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I just got a 2017 Civic EX-T and am having some issues with CarPlay where the system gets really sluggish and crashes. I'm trying to reboot the system by holding down the virtual Audio Power button on the top left (as I've read worked on the 2016 models) but it doesn't do anything for me. Is there a different way to force reboot?
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I just recently had a similar issue with my 2016 where it got really sluggish, and it didn't respond to holding the power button down either. I actually ended up turning the car off, getting out, and walking away far enough for the doors to lock themselves, and I could see the headunit was STILL on (it was night). Like it was bogged down so bad it didn't even recognize the car had been turned off. I guess it still has power going to it in that circumstance. Getting back in and started the car is finally what made it power off, then it came back on and was ok.

amputechture

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I just recently had a similar issue with my 2016 where it got really sluggish, and it didn't respond to holding the power button down either. I actually ended up turning the car off, getting out, and walking away far enough for the doors to lock themselves, and I could see the headunit was STILL on (it was night). Like it was bogged down so bad it didn't even recognize the car had been turned off. I guess it still has power going to it in that circumstance. Getting back in and started the car is finally what made it power off, then it came back on and was ok.
Oooooh, that's pretty messed up man.

OP
OP

Spaceboy88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
This is EXACTLY how I had to fix it. I could see after doing that the system reboot by displaying the Honda logo on the screen for about 30 minutes. Plugged in the phone and it started to work.

Is this something you just started seeing with iOS 10.2? I'm reading that others are complaining of CarPlay bugs that creeped up with 10.2 software update.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Mine rebooted too, but it was done in a lot less than 30 minutes. Weird.

No, I only use an old iPod that is like iOS 4.0 or something. It hasn't changed, or even been out of the car in several months. My phone is Android and hasn't changed either, though I only use it for Bluetooth calls anyway.

The only thing I can think of that's changed is that in the past two weeks or so, I've started using the auto-generated playlist on my iPod that plays all songs on the iPod (~4600). Before I always used specific playlists or albums. Whenever I select that playlist, it seems to bog the unit down (though usually not this badly) for a little while, which I assume is due to the number of songs. When it locked up, I had just started that playlist and had been hitting the Next button a lot because it was playing stuff I didn't feel like hearing. I guess I was just asking it to do too much at once.
Sponsored