How do I go about installing a sub and amp Via the rear speaker wires?

Banie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 EX
Country flag
Hello there! I currently have a 2019 EX Civic and I am wanting to install my powered sub thru the rear speakers. I have never installed an sub before. How do I go about solving the rear speakers so I can connect my sub to them? Thanks!
Sponsored

Rycomm

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic HB Sport 6MT Aegean Blue, among others...
Country flag
Some (many) powered subs have high level inputs, so you can just tap into the rear speaker wires. If your car has a factory sub, use its speaker wire instead. If it doesn't have high level inputs, you can use a basic line out converter that ties into the speaker wires and turns them into a rca output. A better signal and cleaned sounding is to use something like an audio control LC2, which is a high end powered line out converter. There are several posts on this site that detail the process. If you're not comfortable doing the work, it may be worth having a professional do it.

Not to sound like a commercial, but I see you're in Kansas. I'm in the business of auto electronics, and work in the Kansas City area. PM if you have any questions.

OP
OP

Banie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 EX
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! Which wires do I tap in the rear speakers? I see two of each for the left and right speakers. Which ones should I tap?

Trevor_Brown

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si / 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
If it means anything. I recently used the high input on my alpine amp to power my single sub by tapping into my factory sub without an LOC. It works perfectly fine and sounds good, BUT..... once the bass frequency hits a certain maximum, it cuts off and leaves the bass up to my other speakers, which doesn’t sound good imo. So back to the drawing board for me.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hello there! I currently have a 2019 EX Civic and I am wanting to install my powered sub thru the rear speakers. I have never installed an sub before. How do I go about solving the rear speakers so I can connect my sub to them? Thanks!
I have a LOC connected to my rear speakers. I can take pictures and tell you where to wire everything if you’d like.

Bru87tr

I found the front speakers sounded fine, so opted for a amp on the back speakers as the volume was low and easily distorted.

Added amp, 4 speakers, AC LOC and JL Audio sub. Sounds great!

Speaker connections to LOC, LOC to amp, amp to speakers. LOC to sub.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
OP if you have the premium audio, don't use the rear speakers for inputs.

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
amp version have a subwoofer ouput search wire in rear or directly connect a wire in ouput connector in amplifier

Normal version don't have output but in amp use A2for +and A4 for - test with multimeter output A2and A4 or use old speaker for test if head unit detect this speaker in sub..

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe Si, 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra
Country flag

Wh!te_boyyy

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a LOC connected to my rear speakers. I can take pictures and tell you where to wire everything if you’d like.
Do you have pictures on where to wire the LOC to the rear speakers and to the amp?

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
What i did with mine, i installed a kicker loc ,intalled it to my rear sub wires ,the loc has 4 wires, 2 - and 2 + wires just take the 2 + wires and put them together to the positive speaker wire and put the 2 - wires to the negative side of the sub speaker wire then just take the rca wires and install them on your amp and thats it ,now if you just want better control of the sub signal then you can purshase a lc2 ,these give you better control of the sub signal , im ok with the kicker loc for know.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Do you have pictures on where to wire the LOC to the rear speakers and to the amp?
Sorry not anymore. Someone broke into my car and stole my amp,loc, and subs. I went a different route and wired all my speakers straight to the amp and aftermarket headunit.
Sponsored