How do I go about getting my civic tuned for more HP?

Blazer88

First Name
BlaZe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I want to flash my car for some more HP just seeing who is reliable and if you could point me in the right direction
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
1. Get a KTuner from Phearable or Two Step Performance. Both companies will throw in one of their great tunes for free.

2. Upload the tune to your car.

3. Laugh your ass off from the better driveability and new power.

That's the basics. There's plenty of good, detailed topics to read here if you want more tuning info.

Stomekuttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
I have gone down this hole recently. I was all in hondata for a while, watched videos comparing it with ktuner. Ultimately, I changed my mind. I did this because of the reliability thread. Most drivers use ktuner. I ended up getting ktuner v2 for ease of use and I I like that I can monitor things from there without a laptop. You can also get a OTS tune as well. TSP and Phearable are the common tunes that people go with, but there are also stick tunes that come preloaded. I think it changes things for the base maps, if you have an aftermarket intake.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Get a KTuner from Phearable or Two Step Performance. Both companies will throw in one of their great tunes for free.

2. Upload the tune to your car.

3. Laugh your ass off from the better driveability and new power.

That's the basics. There's plenty of good, detailed topics to read here if you want more tuning info.
I agree with GTman’s comments but I would add one!
4. Get a second job and be prepared to waste,like, a lot of money. Only to give yourself a permanent grin while driving it.

OP
OP

Blazer88

First Name
BlaZe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Ok cool, so that’s the route I will go. Does it damage the engine at all, like take life away from it

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP, for the most part the OTS tunes especially on a near stock setup have been very trouble free. A lot of it is really how you drive and maintain your car.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok cool, so that’s the route I will go. Does it damage the engine at all, like take life away from it
Possibly....Yes! If you are concerned about this, you may want to stay stock and save yourself a possible headache.

Even if you are completely stock, if you drive the car hard, then yes, that will take life away from it.

If you are still sure you are going to do this, avoid going with a tune on ethanol. Many people who do know what they are getting into will go about taking chances. Happy modding!

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Step one head bolts?

How you drive your car... So I drive my car like a crazy person. I probably should stay stock or get head bolts first...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Step one head bolts?

How you drive your car... So I drive my car like a crazy person. I probably should stay stock or get head bolts first...
If you're not bullshitting, maybe you shouldn't tune at all. 😁

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes!!! Anything you add will alter the life expectancy of the vehicle in some way, shape or form.
Make no joke of it. You are changing the intended use limit of these engines.
If you are worried about your warranty, at all, stop now and rethink this.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Step one head bolts?

I got my 2019 coupe tuened when i bought it with 9000 miles on it and it now has 24000 miles on it. I was tuned with 93 for a few months then went flex fuel for about 10 months all with a stock block. I upgraded clutch/flywheel intake dp/fp and now the gc+ drop in turbo running back on 93 and at first i was scared but to be honest if you take care of your car like change your oil and tranny fluid every timetranny and dont do high tq low rpm pulls you can drive it daily safely and still have fun.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got my 2019 coupe tuened when i bought it with 9000 miles on it and it now has 24000 miles on it. I was tuned with 93 for a few months then went flex fuel for about 10 months all with a stock block. I upgraded clutch/flywheel intake dp/fp and now the gc+ drop in turbo running back on 93 and at first i was scared but to be honest if you take care of your car like change your oil and tranny fluid every timetranny and dont do high tq low rpm pulls you can drive it daily safely and still have fun.
So don't floor it from a light? Sorry newb not sure what high torque low rpm pulls are.

I'm just happy to have gtman consider tuning might not be best for me considering he is the advocate of tuning.

I punch it at lights that's why I get low 20s. I can get high 30 mpg on long trips but most my driving is city/neighborhood. My current job is like 2 miles away.

Ben775

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah Man u will Have so much fun with the tsp tune it really wakes the car up like several before me have said MAINTAIN YOUR VEHICLE!!! And you’ll be fine
u can even switch between send it mode and chill mode with a meaty bite in between, to suit how u wanna drive I say go for it!:thumbsup:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea I'd just get it from tsp to get their stage 1 for free. I'm not looking to put that much boost into it. 21 is fine for me. I swear I saw it go to 20 or so psi on one launch stock. Not sure what stock psi is thought was 18.
Sponsored