How do I disable the automatic DRL on 2019 Civic?

Joeyoo2

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
I had a 2018 Honda Civic and the DRL could easily be disabled by simply removing a certain fuse. Then to have them off, you would just have the switch on the OFF position.
Now with the 2019, there is no permanent OFF position. The switch can either stay on AUTO, Parking Lights and Full Headlights (ON), but cannot stay on the OFF position.

Any suggestions on how the DRLs can be disabled on the 2019, if even possible?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My 2019 Sport Coupe has a DRL dedicated fuse in circuit #22 in the interior fusebox. 10 amps, I believe. Check it.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
You can't disable them, they're a safety feature.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
A bit of a pain, but if you are in a place where you don't want them on, and are parked, and want the engine running... I believe the procedure is to start the car with the parking brake on? Then, as long as you don't disengage it, you can have the car running and no DRL lights... For the almost entirely defunct drive-in theaters and the like... :) This is documented in the manual somewhere.

Jvr_sbr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
A bit of a pain, but if you are in a place where you don't want them on, and are parked, and want the engine running... I believe the procedure is to start the car with the parking brake on? Then, as long as you don't disengage it, you can have the car running and no DRL lights... For the almost entirely defunct drive-in theaters and the like... :) This is documented in the manual somewhere.
This.

OP
OP
Joeyoo2

Joeyoo2

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
I mean while driving. I know if the e-brake is on before starting the car then they don’t turn on.
Thanks though.

OP
OP
Joeyoo2

Joeyoo2

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
My 2019 Sport Coupe has a DRL dedicated fuse in circuit #22 in the interior fusebox. 10 amps, I believe. Check it.
Thanks for your input! I’ll be checking the internal fuse box today to see which fuse it is and will send an update here if the AUTO feature still activated.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
You are in Ontario...you can get ticketed for not having them on. It is a safety feature.

The "Off" position was removed due to the large amount of drivers that are not turning their lights on at night. Hopefully they make this law...

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Thanks for your input! I’ll be checking the internal fuse box today to see which fuse it is and will send an update here if the AUTO feature still activated.
Did you end up finding it? I found two locations for the fuse, which is strange. The first picture is fuse 17 which is under the hood. Second picture is fuse 22 which is under the steering wheel. I removed the one under the hood and it does the job.
Honda Civic 10th gen How do I disable the automatic DRL on 2019 Civic? 6AEA04F3-E676-4E94-AD9C-45E2B9B5CDBC
Honda Civic 10th gen How do I disable the automatic DRL on 2019 Civic? 25FBF711-628E-434A-AFCA-6B0F8DAE7C13

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want them off permanently just cut the wires

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
DRL’s are the stupidest “safety feature” out there, you know why? Because 90% of the drivers are distracted by their phones and eating while driving that it wont matter if they're on or off. So if you dont know how to disable them dont sit here and try to play righteous by scolding people how its for the safety of others... back in the day not one car had running lights and I bet there isnt any crazy difference between accidents then and now. Trust me its not the lack of lights its the fact that dumbasses need to stare at their phone 24/7
Honda Civic 10th gen How do I disable the automatic DRL on 2019 Civic? epais

Yeah no, it's a bad idea and it will get people into accidents. You talk about back in the day, well back in the day, there were a lot less cars on the road and people didn't have phones to be distracted by. Also, what's the point of not wanting your headlights on when driving? I hate people that do that because they tend to forget them at dusk, dawn, in rain, or during a snow storm. Just leave the DRLs the way they are.

Only reason I see someone wanting this off is because they're up to no good and want to be able to run away from the cops easier.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any suggestions on how the DRLs can be disabled on the 2019, if even possible?
Canadian vehicle… it’s a federal regulation to have operational DRL’s while engine is running.
Find a cop with nothing better to do and you’ll get a fine for sure.
Sponsored