How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow $67! Not a bad price and good to hear it's so easy to install. I ended up making the trip without a bra (on the car LOL) and ended up with so many damn bugs! :( Thankfully no rock chips or anything like that. I think I'll buy one of these Le Bra's! for sure! Probably not for around town but if we make another long road trip!
Nose bras are definitely great for long trip or country highway commutes. No rock chips yet for me. I do clean mine more often than usual though.
Sponsored

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Glad that there's another alternative to the oem nose mask. Unfortunately, it won't ship when I need it in about 2 weeks. It'll be my first time taking my vehicle on a "road trip" for work.

Initially, I bought the Honda OEM nose bra. Turned out to be a big pain to put on. It has 3 pieces which were so tight to cram between the spaces, I actually scraped a tiny portion of paint on the small front hood area. I ended up getting the LeBra brand via autoanything.com the second time around. It's only 2 pieces and comes with mesh to prevent bugs and debris from going through the grill openings and fog lights areas. Much easier to put on and remove.

image.jpeg

This is the Honda OEM bra. Lots of openings for debris and bugs to go through. Gave up after more than 10 minutes of trying to install. Cost me $69 online honda-accessories.com. I don't recommend this.

image.jpeg

Here is the LeBra nose bra I got from autoanything.com for $67.99 with free shipping. Has mesh to prevent debris and bugs from going through. Takes me 5 minutes or less to install. Highly recommend this one.

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
Haha, frickin too hot to install out in the sun. Just leave the bra under the sun for a few min or like I said in the dryer on very light heat for a few min will also help it stretch more. Is that what it really cost u?
yep I did that 1st but it cools off fast so I parked her outside.. it was only 90 deg so not bad at all here, ya I have the receipt right here, valley hi Honda victorville ca

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Got my LeBra on, not too difficult juse some of the clips was slipping because I missed some. Reminds me of Batman's cowl hahahha

Honda Civic 10th gen How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation? 20160605_064304

Honda Civic 10th gen How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation? 20160605_064313

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
omg atleast get the oem bra WOW

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oem Honda bra, still had wrinkles because I wasn't don't putting it on! But when it was finished there wasn't 1

Honda Civic 10th gen How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation? 20160525_154740

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
oem Honda bra, still had wrinkles because I wasn't don't putting it on! But when it was finished there wasn't 1

20160525_154740.jpg
Damn shame u got rid of it I think it looks good, and the fit and finish of the OEM is WAY better then the LeBra brand in my opinion looking at pics. The LeBra while easier to take off looks cheap to me....

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
any tips on cleaning it? only drove it for a day and bugs everywhere. I was gonna just take it through a carwash, but I think that's a lazy and bad idea LOL.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any tips on cleaning it? only drove it for a day and bugs everywhere. I was gonna just take it through a carwash, but I think that's a lazy and bad idea LOL.
I get a dry rag or an old California duster and dust the bugs away. Then I get a bucket of soap water and a rag, wring it, and scrub away the bug stains. After it's completely dry I use Armor All on the vinyl to keep the shine. I've never had to wash the mask, but I would remove it and hose it down. Even better, I would use my power washer gently on both sides. I would NOT recommend running it installed in a car wash, then you'd get soap and wet sand all trapped in there. No no.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I get a dry rag or an old California duster and dust the bugs away. Then I get a bucket of soap water and a rag, wring it, and scrub away the bug stains. After it's completely dry I use Armor All on the vinyl to keep the shine. I've never had to wash the mask, but I would remove it and hose it down. Even better, I would use my power washer gently on both sides. I would NOT recommend running it installed in a car wash, then you'd get soap and wet sand all trapped in there. No no.
I'll try that after I get my clear bra to put on underneath, did you get your clear bra yet? I took of the bra and notices a ton of pollen and leaves and branches on the inside afraid it will scratch up the paint.
Sponsored