How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll try that after I get my clear bra to put on underneath, did you get your clear bra yet? I took of the bra and notices a ton of pollen and leaves and branches on the inside afraid it will scratch up the paint.
Sorry about that...left work and was driving. No, I haven't done the clear bra yet but I want to. I was quoted $575 which is a big expense. If you park underneath a tree for shade that is gonna be a given. I used to park one of my previous cars underneath a tree, but the bird droppings really messed up the paint. Luckily it was a used car for commuting so I wasn't too sad. Just carefully remove the hood cover and there shouldn't be any damage. Since the hood part is extremely easy to put on and remove, maybe try removing it when you're parked under a tree that sheds all kinds of stuff, then put it back on when you leave?
Sponsored

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Sorry about that...left work and was driving. No, I haven't done the clear bra yet but I want to. I was quoted $575 which is a big expense. If you park underneath a tree for shade that is gonna be a given. I used to park one of my previous cars underneath a tree, but the bird droppings really messed up the paint. Luckily it was a used car for commuting so I wasn't too sad. Just carefully remove the hood cover and there shouldn't be any damage. Since the hood part is extremely easy to put on and remove, maybe try removing it when you're parked under a tree that sheds all kinds of stuff, then put it back on when you leave?
I found a cheap clear bra on eBay for about $75 I will attempt to install it this weekend. I think the main important part I want the clear bra on is the hood and the side fenders. The rest should be protected by the regular car bra. Planning to clean out the garage soon so I can park in there, tired of clean bird droppings and pollen off the car

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found a cheap clear bra on eBay for about $75 I will attempt to install it this weekend. I think the main important part I want the clear bra on is the hood and the side fenders. The rest should be protected by the regular car bra. Planning to clean out the garage soon so I can park in there, tired of clean bird droppings and pollen off the car
Is that the same clear bra that Timothyjay found on ebay? Bird droppings can reek havoc on a car's paint job so I don't park under trees anymore.

Last edited:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd like to see how your DIY install comes out so post pics when you get it done.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Is that the same clear bra that Timothyjay found on ebay? Bird droppings can reek havoc on a car's paint job so I don't park under trees anymore.
Yeah, it's the same one. I will post some pictures when I'm done with it.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I didnt even think they made bra's anymore. My father had one on a Dodge Daytona is the early 90's...

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
How do you think it would look on a Aegean blue coupe?
Nothing beats a clear bra for looks and protection - but those will cost more and aren't going to be a DIY install.

Long term these add-on bras that fit like a sock can gather dust/debris inside causing the damage you're seeking to avoid so I've never seen the point of having them. But go naked and the chips are bound to follow, so maybe it works better having something and removing/cleaning it carefully every now and then.

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Bringing this thread back to life.

Anyone have an Aegean Blue touring with the OEM bra on? I'm thinking of getting itnsince I do a lot of highway driving.

I also like the look of just the hood part on and the middle piece. Since the bumper isn't metal, not to worried about it.

Olmsteez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EXT Hatch
Country flag
Nothing beats a clear bra for looks and protection - but those will cost more and aren't going to be a DIY install.

Long term these add-on bras that fit like a sock can gather dust/debris inside causing the damage you're seeking to avoid so I've never seen the point of having them. But go naked and the chips are bound to follow, so maybe it works better having something and removing/cleaning it carefully every now and then.
100% agree! Clear bra is by far the best option. If the OP is just looking for protection on one drive, use this stuff. I use on my Focus ST when I take it to the track. Just take it off right away. It can leave adhesive behind if it drys out.

Honda Civic 10th gen How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation? Blue-Painters-Tape-2

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not too difficult. You just have to replace a screw in the front wheel wells, everything else is a matter of wedging a tab and hooking elastics in place. Also comes with paper instructions. I found a website honda-accessories.com and they are selling the OEM nose bra for half the price the dealer is charging you. Dealers are such rip-offs. Good luck to you.

CatalyticWzrd

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ Civic Si, 00’ Prelude
Excuse the dust. Yeah there's like a built-in deflector. Made a quick stop on the way home from the Bay Area. Here you go:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

im going to have to invest in one of these. I drive on the highway alot, so i figure it'll give me some protection. Needless to say, it gives it a nice rally look in my opinion.
Sponsored