Ahxgen9320

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
How are y’all letting off the clutch on a launch? I ran a 14.9 1/4 mile with stage 1 tune, prl fp/dp, 27won cai and rmm. Maybe driver mod? lol but before I used to dump the clutch at 2step which I learned NOT to do. Plz help.

Honda Civic 10th gen How are y’all letting off the clutch at launch? 2017 Si A8F2183B-98D3-46FC-8679-20C9A08C855B
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I don't 2step my launches. I usually watch the light and as it starts to move ill slowly raise my rpms to about 3-3.5k, depress slowly just before it grabs and when the light turns just let it go quickly but not dump it. If that makes any sense lol

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Our cars don't have enough displacement to launch positively. The practice of racing the RPM and dumping the clutch doesn't work very good on our cars. The theory is that the clutch slip, or wheel spinning will prevent the engine from stalling. It doesn't.

We have to manually regulate some type of clutch slipping. Or we end up "glazing" the clutch.

People have tried various tires and clutches to no avail. I suspect that it's the combination of small displacement and the way Honda implemented the valve timing that prevents a solid launch.

firesyde424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
***Disclaimer***
This last Sunday was my first time as a participant at a drag strip.
***Disclaimer***

Since I had never done anything more than street light drags, I watched to get some idea of the track protocol and also see how others with similar cars were launching. After pushing into the first light, I rode the clutch to just under the point where the clutch fully engages and quickly let it out. My first run was a (don't laugh) 15.4 @ 91mph. Since it was the first weekend the track had been open since the quarantine I was only able to get 3 runs in over the course of the whole session. The very last run I tried dumping the clutch at 3K rpm but I stalled it. The first run was my best one.

OP
OP
Ahxgen9320

Ahxgen9320

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I don't 2step my launches. I usually watch the light and as it starts to move ill slowly raise my rpms to about 3-3.5k, depress slowly just before it grabs and when the light turns just let it go quickly but not dump it. If that makes any sense lol
I think so. Ima give it shot thanks!

OP
OP
Ahxgen9320

Ahxgen9320

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
***Disclaimer***
This last Sunday was my first time as a participant at a drag strip.
***Disclaimer***

Since I had never done anything more than street light drags, I watched to get some idea of the track protocol and also see how others with similar cars were launching. After pushing into the first light, I rode the clutch to just under the point where the clutch fully engages and quickly let it out. My first run was a (don't laugh) 15.4 @ 91mph. Since it was the first weekend the track had been open since the quarantine I was only able to get 3 runs in over the course of the whole session. The very last run I tried dumping the clutch at 3K rpm but I stalled it. The first run was my best one.
IM still fairly new to drag racing too. I had a 15.4 as well but it’s a start. We just need more practice