First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A hatch is pretty good. You can put your kid back there and if you have a luggage cover, you’ll barely know they’re back there.

Seriously though... the Civic is pretty decent for a smallish family car that’s still tossable. My kids seems to enjoy the ride. The proof is in the profile picture. I took all 3 of them with me to Fontana at the meet. I can confirm one puker while on the Dragon... but she did so laughing (I’m not joking).
Sponsored

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Looks like you’re right. Only issue i have now is letting my gf drive stick. Im afraid she will burn the clutch.
Yeah my wife is a millennial and can drive stick in an emergency.

One of these days I'll teach her how to really drive it. . . and the next day I'll be installing Eman's CTR retro clutch kit lol.

Honestly though you'll probably be better off with a mommy car eventually. The CR-V is an affordable and solid car, we really like it.

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
A hatch is pretty good. You can put your kid back there and if you have a luggage cover, you’ll barely know they’re back there.

Seriously though... the Civic is pretty decent for a smallish family car that’s still tossable. My kids seems to enjoy the ride. The proof is in the profile picture. I took all 3 of them with me to Fontana at the meet. I can confirm one puker while on the Dragon... but she did so laughing (I’m not joking).
lol! Hope my kid will enjoy the drive like yours does. My buddy’s kid cant stand when in vehicles.

Yeah my wife is a millennial and can drive stick in an emergency.

One of these days I'll teach her how to really drive it. . . and the next day I'll be installing Eman's CTR retro clutch kit lol.

Honestly though you'll probably be better off with a mommy car eventually. The CR-V is an affordable and solid car, we really like it.
ill probably keep my hatch for now since there are only 3 of us most of the time. Ill focus on getting our own house for now. Ill rent a van or something if its necessary.

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
The hatch is perfect for an infant. I traded in my 09 Civic coupe for a 17 hatch sport touring manual 3 years ago shortly after my son was born and no regrets whatsoever.

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First congrats!! Second, the hatch will be great. I’ve got a 3 yr old and 9 mo and everything we need fits well. For our first kid, I had only the smaller Fit, and that still worked for the first two years before the second kid

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2 year old son is rear facing in my Civic Si with no fitment issues. Have plenty of front passenger room too. Little tight for clearance when I’m lifting him in and out (he’s a huge kid lol, 35 lbs!), but once I put him forward facing that will be a non-issue. I’ll take some pictures in a bit.

Won’t be having anymore kids for at least a few years, if I even do, so the civic is going to be perfect for a while! I’m the only driver too so nobody’s burning my clutch :D

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have issues rear-facing with a convertible car seat, you can use an 'angle adjusting' pad. Radian makes them. I did a dedicated rear-facing setup in my RSX which was fine (it was a Graco with the base that snapped in and out... but for convertibles, the height of the seat and the angle makes it pretty tight for the clearance on some convertibles. I used the setup in my 9th gen which had a noticeable less amount of room between the back of the front seat compared to a 10th gen, and the back of the convertible, when used rear facing. It is pretty dependent on the height of your front passenger. If you need a lot of leg room, the adjuster might be called for to retain your ability to move the front seat back for comfort.

The provided link has pictures to show the difference it makes. Yes... it's pretty much just a pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Angle-Adjuster-Rear-Facing-Convertible/dp/B006I1QTYQ

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to be a dad soon. Hows your daily with a hatchback? Already took off my catback for silent commute. Anybody here with hatch with an infant?
Don’t recommend. First kid died. Hoping my second will survive our new Type R...

...jk. Sorry for the dark humor lol! Buddy of mine has a hatch with 3 kids (one being <2y/o) and has no problem! Great car but keep in mind it’s not going to be beneficial as a typical SUV/minivan with children. But don’t sweat it! Good luck

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one that cracks up every time I read this thread title?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
All I visualize is someone opening the hatch, setting a kid back there... shutting it... hopping in and driving off.
Honestly, I prefer my hatches without infant.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had that RSX for my oldest daughter’s first year. That’s more of a coupe vs sedan discussion than hatch vs non-hatch thing. She never complained and it worked fine for me... though I’d never buy a coupe again while there are more than 2 living in the house. The only point of contention has ever been rear facing using a convertible car seat.

Anything w/a side of infant works I suppose. ;)
Sponsored