How are hatches with infant?

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Going to be a dad soon. Hows your daily with a hatchback? Already took off my catback for silent commute. Anybody here with hatch with an infant?
Sponsored

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
1st kid? You're going to do just fine. I know this because you removed the catback to silence the commute (I wouldn't have done it personally). Enjoy, and congrats, you're in for a ride!

:dance:

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1st kid? You're going to do just fine. I know this because you removed the catback to silence the commute (I wouldn't have done it personally). Enjoy, and congrats, you're in for a ride!

:dance:
Yeah first kid. Thanks. I also took off my catback because in the future i might trade my hatch for something bigger and automatic. My gf will need to drive somehow and she cant drive stick.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Car seat fits easily in the hatch...

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring; 2018 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Going to be a dad soon. Hows your daily with a hatchback? Already took off my catback for silent commute. Anybody here with hatch with an infant?
I don't have an "infant" however I have a 6 year old and comparatively speaking there is plenty of room in my hatchback even with his booster seat, etc. One of the reasons i ended up with the hatchback when comparing to other sporty/fuel efficient sedans, hatchbacks, or small SUVs was how ridiculously large the cargo space is. Around 25 cubic feet of cargo space with the seats up not to mention even more with the seats folded down for this size of a vehicle is unbelievable and is actually more than you would get with many smaller SUV's - the only thing i've found that comes close is a Prius which i didn't opt for due to the lack of "excitement" LOL.

I've crammed all kinds of furniture in this thing and it does amazing. If you want AWD/4WD or a lot more width and legroom in the backseat because you are going to be hauling people around other than your girl and your kid i get the SUV move but strictly for cargo space keeping in mind the performance, gas mileage and everything else that makes this car great I would keep it and keep working on teaching your significant other how to drive stick.

Good luck on whatever you end up doing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Congrats! We just had our first baby in November, so I think I can help with questions. I installed the Graco Snugride 35 (super easy to install w/ LATCH anchors) and it works great. The hatch has plenty of space for now a family of three.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cmon we grew up with our parents using those cars (pics below) and we survived buried amongst the piles of clothes, 2 adults 2 kids and all the luggage for vacations :)
we are so spoiled today ;)

Wheelbase 2,010 mm (79.1 in)[2]
Length 3,300 mm (129.9 in)[2]
Width 1,390 mm (54.7 in)[2]
Height 1,410 mm (55.5 in)[2]
Curb weight 640 kg (1,411 lb)[2]
Honda Civic 10th gen How are hatches with infant? view-large-zastava-750-zastava-750-850_602e9

Wheelbase 2,150 mm (84.6 in)
Length 3,485 mm (137.2 in)
Width 1,548 mm (60.9 in)
Height 1,390 mm (54.7 in)
Curb weight 825 kg (1,819 lb) to 920 kg (2,028 lb)

Honda Civic 10th gen How are hatches with infant? yugo_55_gls_1

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had my friend's 6mo's car seat fit just fine in my hatch and she didn't make a peep other than the occasional baby noises she made. Was a stock exhaust at the time with 21psi ktuner and SRI. We had the car seat behind the driver's seat so my friend could occasionally look back without straining too much and I didn't have to adjust my seat at all. I am only 5'7", however

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
With one kid, the hatch is more than enough.

However I just had twins, so thank God my wife has a stupid SUV lol. (Btw, the "stupid" suv is a CR-V, which we've been very pleased with, although that's gonna have to get upgraded to a three row sooner rather than later also).

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Have a infant and 7yr old. Only complaint is getting the car seat in/out as the handle rubs the roof trim to get the car seat over the car base. But that could just be my car seat set up. Other than that I've got exhaust and the baby falls right to sleep almost everytime we take my car! Congrats btw!

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have a infant and 7yr old. Only complaint is getting the car seat in/out as the handle rubs the roof trim to get the car seat over the car base. But that could just be my car seat set up. Other than that I've got exhaust and the baby falls right to sleep almost everytime we take my car! Congrats btw!
Thanks! What kind of exhaust do you have? The drive is already boring with stock exhaust.

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With one kid, the hatch is more than enough.

However I just had twins, so thank God my wife has a stupid SUV lol. (Btw, the "stupid" suv is a CR-V, which we've been very pleased with, although that's gonna have to get upgraded to a three row sooner rather than later also).
Looks like you’re right. Only issue i have now is letting my gf drive stick. Im afraid she will burn the clutch.

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had my friend's 6mo's car seat fit just fine in my hatch and she didn't make a peep other than the occasional baby noises she made. Was a stock exhaust at the time with 21psi ktuner and SRI. We had the car seat behind the driver's seat so my friend could occasionally look back without straining too much and I didn't have to adjust my seat at all. I am only 5'7", however
Im 5’7” as well. Looks like i have no worries after all.

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have an "infant" however I have a 6 year old and comparatively speaking there is plenty of room in my hatchback even with his booster seat, etc. One of the reasons i ended up with the hatchback when comparing to other sporty/fuel efficient sedans, hatchbacks, or small SUVs was how ridiculously large the cargo space is. Around 25 cubic feet of cargo space with the seats up not to mention even more with the seats folded down for this size of a vehicle is unbelievable and is actually more than you would get with many smaller SUV's - the only thing i've found that comes close is a Prius which i didn't opt for due to the lack of "excitement" LOL.

I've crammed all kinds of furniture in this thing and it does amazing. If you want AWD/4WD or a lot more width and legroom in the backseat because you are going to be hauling people around other than your girl and your kid i get the SUV move but strictly for cargo space keeping in mind the performance, gas mileage and everything else that makes this car great I would keep it and keep working on teaching your significant other how to drive stick.

Good luck on whatever you end up doing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
keeping my hatch for now i guess. Love the mpg of these hatch and i cant imagine driving suv with terrible mpg.

Congrats! We just had our first baby in November, so I think I can help with questions. I installed the Graco Snugride 35 (super easy to install w/ LATCH anchors) and it works great. The hatch has plenty of space for now a family of three.
Ill take a look at this car seat when the time comes. My gf due date is around summer of next year. Got plenty of time to prep.
cmon we grew up with our parents using those cars (pics below) and we survived buried amongst the piles of clothes, 2 adults 2 kids and all the luggage for vacations :)

view-large-zastava-750-zastava-750-850_602e9.jpg

Width 1,548 mm (60.9 in)

yugo_55_gls_1.jpg

view-large-zastava-750-zastava-750-850_602e9.jpg

Width 1,548 mm (60.9 in)

yugo_55_gls_1.jpg
lol! When i was young we could not afford even beaten up car so public transfort was our only option.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Last edited: