How about Window Tint in Ontario?

mrsirking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
For all of you in Ontario, how much did you pay and where did you go for a ceramic tint jobbo?
I went to PG Professional Tint (in Mississauga) for my Civic. Got 35% front and 15% back.

Ceramic tint cost me $220 + HST. It's been a week since I got it done but have been very pleased with the results since day one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
I went to SRS Tints in Mississauga. It was 3 years ago so I can't even remember, but it was under $300 for 15%. Not a single issue since then.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in Ontario, any vehicle made after Jan 2017 can't have any window tint that blocks out more than 30% darkness. Just curious since I know about a lot of people who've tinted their windows, have you guys run into any trouble? I'd probably want 35% all around cause the sun in the summer months is just killing me. Pretty hesitant to do so though since I don't want any trouble like fines/ having to remove it. Also any recommendations for tint places/ tint type (dye/ceramic) in Scarborough area?
I have 35 front, 20 rear, 80 front windshield. Dont have any problem with local police.
Ottawa and it's surrounding area are more strict with window tint law, cop there actually carry the meter to check your window often.
Toronto cop seems to be alright with tint.

I used 3M ceramic tint, it blocks out alot of heat and UV.

OP
OP
GDome

GDome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
I have an appointment booked for Fxauto in Whitby area. With a promo they have, it should come to around 300+tax but I also wanted to get a sunstrip so that might add a bit to the cost.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@123sillyboy123
did you DIY? where did you have it done and what did it cost you?
I have two civicx.. one i did it at E.J Tint in markham, the guy is professional, hatchback is tricky to do perfectly, many place will remove the trim in the hatch to do it. This shop doesnt remove it. They also tint my windshield as well. But this shop use Llumer film.
I paid $300 for front, rear and back windows + 100 for windshield. Tax included.

My ctr... i have 3m crystaline on it, dealer do it for free because they mess up some PDI thing. My windshield was done by wrapID. It is xpel XR plus. I paid $200 for windshield but dealer reimbursed me.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@123sillyboy123
very helpful! thanks for the info!
since you have experienced 2 different shops, would you go back to wrapID or EJ tint?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@123sillyboy123
very helpful! thanks for the info!
since you have experienced 2 different shops, would you go back to wrapID or EJ tint?
Depends what u want..
I sent all my friends to EJ for tinting... because the price is good.

Wrapid is good too but price is higher but they use better material.. xpel is better than Llumar.
Also they wrap my whole car so i let them do the windshield as well.

If you are not picky ... EJ is good to use.
I am picky on what i put on ctr.. so i went to wrapID.

Both ej and wrapID in markham.

My friend has another shop in vaughan.. if you are closer there.. u can go to my friend shop as well.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got Pinnacle on my Civic and my previous TSX from FX Auto in Markham. My TSX I had for 11 years and no issues with the tint - colour stable, and never peeled. These guys are very professional - they've been doing this for a very long time. Comes with lifetime warranty. My sister did have an issue with bubbling tint a couple of months after installation way back on her 7th gen Civic, and took it back and they reapplied the tint for free, no hassle, no fuss. It was the only issue we've had with them tinting 7 cars between myself, my brother, and my sister.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@ShuJam

Thanks for the review. I've been emailing a few places.
How much did you pay for a ceramic tint at Fx auto?

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
I have 15% in the front and 5% in the back. It's pretty dark in the back but I've gotten used to it. The only reason my tint is so dark is because I'm trying to avoid theft. Had an RSX back in the day without tint got my car broken into. Girlfriend's backpack was stolen along with her work Macbook Pro, wallet, school books, work uniform, and some other things.

I got pulled over for the 15% and 5% just last year right before winter. I usually have my windows down in the summer but that day it was raining. Cop pulled me over and my windows were all rolled down before we even stopped. Had my licence, registration and insurance all ready to go before he got to my car. $110 fine. Tuner tax lol.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ShuJam

Thanks for the review. I've been emailing a few places.
How much did you pay for a ceramic tint at Fx auto?
I don't remember. I don't think they are the cheapest, but to me, their quality of workmanship and level of service is worth it.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Ended up going with EJ.
Despite COVID, they were so busy! which is good to see.
spoke with a few repeat customers as I was waiting to have my car done , all of whom had positive things to say.

ended up with 300 all in for LLumar CTX ceramic for my sedan.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ended up going with EJ.
Despite COVID, they were so busy! which is good to see.
spoke with a few repeat customers as I was waiting to have my car done , all of whom had positive things to say.

ended up with 300 all in for LLumar CTX ceramic for my sedan.
Glad that you have great experience with EJ..
They tint mine.. and few of my friends car.. we have nothing to pick..
And their price is best in town. But Llumar isnt best film compare to xpel or 3m.. that is only down

Sketchling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a silly question...since it's illegal to have any tints on the windshield here in Ontario...is there something that can be put on the windshield that doesn't block out any light but has the benefit of reflecting heat and UV rays?
Sponsored