• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How’s the A/C?

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I noticed test driving the demo car that the A/C seemed weak, compared to my 2012 MDX. The integra was already on the coldest temp (68 I think) when I started it up, but it wasn’t super cool and didn’t really change over 30 minutes or so. Thought it might just be that car but just saw some A/C complaints on r/Acura about recent RDXes. Now I’m wondering if A/C is poor on all new acuras.

Any new integra owners have any opinions to share? How does the A/C compare to other cars?

OP
OP
Leehro

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I assume the 2023 is using the new R1234yf refrigerant while my 2012 would still have R134a. From basic googling the new stuff should still work just as well, but I’m curious what owners think.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
When I've left my works 90f covered parking garage this week and set the AC to low it has no problem making me cold to where I turn it to up to 70f+ within 5 minutes.
However when it's sat outside in the sun on a 100f day it did struggle to ever get me cold on a 15 minute drive.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
can we upgrade the ac with better ac fluid or something?
Are you having issues with it? Usually the pump and seals are rated for a certain type of refrigerant. Mine has no issues keeping up in 90+ degree weather. I have it set on auto and at 68 degrees. It does go lower than that but haven't seen the need for anything cooler. If your really bothered by it I would recommend a good tint. I did that to mine on all windows including 70% on windshield. Makes the car very comfortable in sunlight.

Trojanlawyer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2022 Toyota Gr86, 2006 Z4
I noticed test driving the demo car that the A/C seemed weak, compared to my 2012 MDX. The integra was already on the coldest temp (68 I think) when I started it up, but it wasn’t super cool and didn’t really change over 30 minutes or so. Thought it might just be that car but just saw some A/C complaints on r/Acura about recent RDXes. Now I’m wondering if A/C is poor on all new acuras.

Any new integra owners have any opinions to share? How does the A/C compare to other cars?
Are you sure that the "auto" button was on? Mine works really well.

OP
OP
Leehro

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Are you sure that the "auto" button was on? Mine works really well.
Glad to hear yours works well. I don’t remember if auto was enabled. Honestly I didn’t think too much of it at the time since it was someone else’s car (mine hasn’t been built yet) but I was just checking if it was a widespread issue. Could have been driver error for sure!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I do like how you can set heat/AC to 58 degrees or Low. My other car heat wouldn't go below 65 and that's a bit warm for my taste