Elite Sponsor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Change out the motor mounts and majority of the wheel hop will be gone.
Just the rear mount alone will help drastically.
It's very common on stock motor mounts.
Sponsored

Kaulpenney

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have both the Perrin Rear Motor Mount insert as well as the Whiteline Rear Motor Mount Insert in stock and ready to go! You can find the Perrin mount here: https://unity-performance.com/products/perrin-rmm-insert-2017-civic-type-r
And the Whiteline one here: https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-rear-motor-mount-bushing

In terms of feel, the Whiteline is what we could have expected as OEM part if it was ever offered by Honda because there is minimal added NVH. Perrin Inserts are one step below the softest full RMM, they fill in the gaps in the OEM mount pretty well.

I do recommend the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, it really made my Type R feel incredibly planted coming out of corners, making it truly feel like I am getting more power to the ground than ever before. You can find the Anti Lift Kit here: https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-anti-lift-kit
Reach out if you have any questions :)
The white line insert is a nice in between I’m guessing? You won’t get the max performance like you would from a 27won rmm but this just makes the stock alittle better? Looks like a great option for me since I daily the car I don’t want too much noise in the cabin.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can I just say that ive owned 3 FWD vehicles, 2 equipped with OEM LSD, and 1 with Quaife, and I have never experienced binding, crow hopping, or wheel dragging on any of the U turns I have done.

I would be more inclined to say that you should get your alignment checked first to make sure your toe isnt out of wack or some reason. This is the first instance ive heard of LSD causing this issue on a FWD car, ever, doesnt mean its not the case but it is definitely surprising to hear.
Just wanted to add on to this, I had the same issue too with my R, also had other issues which caused me to get the vehicle re aligned at a local shop which I thought would be fine since he had a track S2K.

Few weeks after the alignment I noticed my car was still pulling, so I decided to find a reputable shop that has experience with Type R's, which I found through a buddy, and when he adjusted my alignment I noticed the vehicle driving much better, and not much hop on tighter U-turns.

Long story short, I would recommend to OP to get an alignment, but at a legitimate shop.

First alignment I got was $60, second one was $180...you get what you pay for.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My 370Z had really bad Ackerman effect, the front wheels would skip over the pavement in slow sharp turns, even backing out of my driveway.
What an awesome car that was.
Sponsored