Horn upgrade

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I'm seeing a bunch of type r bumpers....

Can i do the same insert removal on my ex hatch?

Also, do all of our cars have a high and low? mine just sounds high
Sponsored

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm seeing a bunch of type r bumpers....

Can i do the same insert removal on my ex hatch?

Also, do all of our cars have a high and low? mine just sounds high
I do believe yours pop out the same way, however you dont have the holes on the side of the bumper to slide your fingers through. Might require a plastic pry tool. Someone can correct me if im wrong though.
Also you should also have both a high and low, its just the tone of it sounds high and stupid imo.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I do believe yours pop out the same way, however you dont have the holes on the side of the bumper to slide your fingers through. Might require a plastic pry tool. Someone can correct me if im wrong though.
Also you should also have both a high and low, its just the tone of it sounds high and stupid imo.

You're definitely not alone in that assessment. Will be swapping soon. Mad at myself for assuming it was like my sedan, just dropped a pretty penny at the dealership last week to have a fog light replaced cause I assumed the bumper need to come off like my sedan

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I love the hella horn too. But I’m sorry the collegehillshonda does not deliver out of USA. I live in canada.
I got my harness from amazon. Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07SL6VJLV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vXNyEb6HK3TSS
Takes almost a month for them to arrive. And make sure you push the connectors in really hard to seat them properly.

here’s the thread on the installed picture.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/tutorial-on-removing-fake-vents.42266/#post-704343

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I ordered the college hills Honda horns. It came with 2 adapters. 1 for each horn. Really simple plug and play took 10 minutes to install. I can finally honk at people without feeling my balls shrivel up
Bruh... I can't stop laughing at the shrivel up part. Too funny man.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I got my harness from amazon. Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07SL6VJLV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vXNyEb6HK3TSS
Takes almost a month for them to arrive. And make sure you push the connectors in really hard to seat them properly.
Thanks for the link! Used them and the opportunity the body shop ppl allowed me (while they were repairing the car from a recent side swipe) to install Hella Supertones™ I got with some Ballistic Cordura Seat Covers from CarID, gotta relay with the horns (included) and picked up a relay harness from Autozone ..which was kinda a bad idea, as the one from AutoZone had all/EVERY the darn wire colors in the wrong slots. WTF, Lmmfao. Had to use my connector keys to remove and relocate them properly before continuing the installation. So in the future, I'll be using different harness mfgrs as needed.
The wiring diagrams from this thread: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/need-help-installing-hella-horns.49738/
And this one: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/hella-horns.35818/ were perfect. I think one of the few things I done differently in the horn mounting were my horn and relay locations that I hope will be fine upon bumper installation. I also ran the wire to the battery temporarily, as I'll just install a small fuse block somewhere accessible/near, (after I get the car back from the shop) like I do all cars I've had.
Anyways here's the pics of my work and placements, left the OEM horn installed as backup in case messed up, haha. The only thing I question is relay location, probably should've moved it elsewhere but this was the best place I could reach at the moment, while trying to stay unnoticed by the rest of the crew (Lol). But, all's well and horn blasted on 1st try. Thank You All

Needed:
- 12mm - for horn brackets
- 14mm - for bumper bolt
- Blue & Red wire terminal connectors
- 18g red & black wire
- Zipties(small)
- wire loom (8-10ft)
- In-Line fuse holder (used ATC minis)
- shrink tubing (optional)
- Horn speaker harness (1.. if ya do it right the 1st time, Lol) connect them Str8 to #'s 85 & 86 of relay
- relay harness
- Hella Supertones (2) connect positive wire to #87 of relay, negative wire gets grounded to chassis somewhere.
- relay (included)
- about 3hrs time, to make sure you place and ziptie everything so it can't wiggle much while driving. Love the new sound of the HellaHorns!

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade IMG_20200611_132522

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade IMG_20200611_132530

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Yes, that EZ! No special wiring.

Yes, SA, TX.
Anytime, keep me posted!
Yes, 100% pnp!
I did not use the relay.
Hi, just checking in to see if your Hella Horns are still functioning properly since your last posting. I've already bought my set and will be installing them this weekend. I wanted to know also if you're still on the converter harness or did you end-up using a relay or make any other modifications? Thanks!

OP
OP

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I did the college hills honda harness adapter as well but i opted for the hella supertones, THey are bad ass sounding in this car.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I don't remember where I got my harness adapter from but I did the hella trumpets. Less meep, more nuts

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought the College Hills kit and really didn't like the sound of the horns, kind of a wimpy weak sound although it did get rid of the meep meep. Kept the harness adapter and bought a set of Hella Twin Trumpets. Perfect.

Adapter: $8.50 shipped
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/0S18.html

Hella: $23 shipped
https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-007424...rds=hella+twin+trumpets&qid=1600446909&sr=8-1
Cool thanks! These actually look more like they can fit in the space provided rather than the bulky Hella Supertones that I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRZXPI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I might consider buying the ones you used instead and return these. Also, I'm kind of weary to even use the ones I bought because it seems that they draw too much current. The ones you used looks like they're not current-hungry.

OP
OP

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
Cool thanks! These actually look more like they can fit in the space provided rather than the bulky Hella Supertones that I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRZXPI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I might consider buying the ones you used instead and return these. Also, I'm kind of weary to even use the ones I bought because it seems that they draw too much current. The ones you used looks like they're not current-hungry.
take a look at this vid, it's what sold me on the twin trumpets vs the supertones.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
take a look at this vid, it's what sold me on the twin trumpets vs the supertones.
Hey that's much louder and more pronounced! I also like the form factor of this twin horns because they're not as round and probably not as heavy as these large discs. I can already foresee it being easy to install as well instead of trying to fit those super tones in place. I think I'm sold- I'll go ahead and return the supertones and get these twin trumpets. Now what about the wiring? Are these direct drop-in replacements or do they still need current protection relays?

OP
OP

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
Hey that's much louder and more pronounced! I also like the form factor of this twin horns because they're not as round and probably not as heavy as these large discs. I can already foresee it being easy to install as well instead of trying to fit those super tones in place. I think I'm sold- I'll go ahead and return the supertones and get these twin trumpets. Now what about the wiring? Are these direct drop-in replacements or do they still need current protection relays?
Just grab the adapter wires from college hills and you're good to go. I beep at people all day long with no issues. They're very similar to the horns CH sells, they just sound better.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just grab the adapter wires from college hills and you're good to go. I beep at people all day long with no issues. They're very similar to the horns CH sells, they just sound better.
Did you know that Hella has a phone app that allows you to hear and compare the different horns they have to offer? Also they have electrical stats as well. The horn sounds like more domestic than import car though now that I've heard it a few times already.
Sponsored