Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see the one without relay on sale (5%) and the one with relay seems to be normal price
:( That price ($19 something) only lasted a few hours. When I checked back later that night, the price jumped back to $29. Anyway, I ordered 4 sets of the woot deal for my cars. Cheap and slightly louder will do.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Someone said the Hellas might not mount right, or the fog covers don't come off the same for an Si? Anyone know if this install would be the same on an Si (sedan)?
I just tried mounting them. The Si appears to have intake plumbing (intercooler perhaps?) running through this corner so there is less space compared to the Type R and getting them both to fit is a challenge. So far I have both of them in but they are rubbing up against the pipe and when I honk the sound is less "get back in your lane" and more "I'm riding a dying elephant to work."

If anyone knows the specific pipe in this area, please feel free to correct me. I don't want to share incorrect details but I couldn't be bothered to investigate further in the dying light.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
I just tried mounting them. The Si appears to have intake plumbing (intercooler perhaps?) running through this corner so there is less space compared to the Type R and getting them both to fit is a challenge. So far I have both of them in but they are rubbing up against the pipe and when I honk the sound is less "get back in your lane" and more "I'm riding a dying elephant to work."

If anyone knows the specific pipe in this area, please feel free to correct me. I don't want to share incorrect details but I couldn't be bothered to investigate further in the dying light.
I had the same issue - it's the intercooler piping unfortunately, so we're out of luck for getting more space in there. I had to put one horn on each side since I couldn't get both in the stock location.

Keep in mind since the intercooler piping appears to be hard plastic, the metal horn has the chance to wear through it after a long time. I put a little hard rubber foam around the lip of the horn for extra padding just in case.

eXstasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Not on the type r. Just the passenger fog grill.

632144EB-EF4B-4C98-8472-D8E39C3FE130.jpeg
Do you have a shot of your horns directly from the front? I'm trying to figure out if these upgraded horns can fit with my EVS Tuning Tow Hook Adapter. I had to rotate one of the stock horns sideways.

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 2.46.57 PM

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Do you have a shot of your horns directly from the front? I'm trying to figure out if these upgraded horns can fit with my EVS Tuning Tow Hook Adapter. I had to rotate one of the stock horns sideways.

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 2.46.57 PM.png
Might be a little tight with the Wolo horns from the College Hills kit but you could probably make hellas work fine.

kingcuongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 21 Palisade Calligraphy, 14 CT200h F Sport
Country flag

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 2.46.57 PM.png
did you replace your horns with hella horns yet? I currently have the hella horns and want to know if there's room for a tow hook adapter. i think there'll be room but just want to confirm.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
did you replace your horns with hella horns yet? I currently have the hella horns and want to know if there's room for a tow hook adapter. i think there'll be room but just want to confirm.
I think it'd be questionable with Hella horns. You're better off with the US Racing tow hook adapter with goes in from the left of the horns and won't affect the clearance.

eXstasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
No, sorry. I've decided not to replace the horns at all at the moment. Hopefully someone else will have input on the same setup.

Melvin_tm

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2019 Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,
I need some advice and help please.
I have a 2019 civic touring. And i live in Thunder bay, canada. The only honda dealership is GORE Honda and its the worst dealership i have ever been to. Which is why i am not interested in contacting them.

I really hate the stock meep meep horn and want an upgrade. I prefer OEM parts but I'm also ok with aftermarket whichever is cheaper and better quality.

I heard it is possible to install a honda accord horn to this 2019 civic. And i also like the hella horns too. Hella Twin Tone horn TE16 is my favourite in all their products.

I am not sure to go for OEM or aftermarket. And I am not sure where to order it from and how to install any of these horns. Although i know i have to take the front bumper off which sucks. Any help or suggestion is much appreciated in advance. Thanks

Melvin_tm

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2019 Touring
Country flag

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
FWIW, i also did the hella horn upgrade utilizing the harnessed offered by collegehillshonda. Seamless install that took about 12-14 mins. Pretty straight forward, and without a shadow of a doubt, theres an astronomical difference in sound. The decibels might be rated similarly, but hands down the hellas grab peoples attention. The horns from factory were not loud, and way too high pitched. The hellas add a great deep tone that really grabs peoples attention.

Melvin_tm

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2019 Touring
Country flag
FWIW, i also did the hella horn upgrade utilizing the harnessed offered by collegehillshonda. Seamless install that took about 12-14 mins. Pretty straight forward, and without a shadow of a doubt, theres an astronomical difference in sound. The decibels might be rated similarly, but hands down the hellas grab peoples attention. The horns from factory were not loud, and way too high pitched. The hellas add a great deep tone that really grabs peoples attention.
I love the hella horn too. But I’m sorry the collegehillshonda does not deliver out of USA. I live in canada.
Sponsored