Horn upgrade video

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great photos! But what would REALLY be helpful would be a video that let's us here the difference in the horns before AND after! And maybe a link to the parts you bought? (Please?) ;)

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
won't really work for cars with fog lights
I didn't get THESE same horns, but I'll let you know how it goes since I DO have fog lights. It looks like he's not interfering with the opening on the body that I can see in some pictures. Just depends if there's anything else in the space besides the OEM horn.

silence911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rally Red Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I didn't get THESE same horns, but I'll let you know how it goes since I DO have fog lights. It looks like he's not interfering with the opening on the body that I can see in some pictures. Just depends if there's anything else in the space besides the OEM horn.
I think you might be right

OP
OP
TAXMASTA

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
Good question , I made it, 5.250 inch long , 8mm taps in each end, a 8mm set screw mounts the extension piece to the stock horn location, and the original 8mm bolt mounts the horns to the extension piece, any metal shop locally can make it, it would take about 15 min to make, u could give the a range of 5.125 to 5.250 , but defiantly not more than 5.250. , you can have a round stock that is about .500 did , also. The hole required for the m8 tap is 6.8mm or .267 of an inch.

silence911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rally Red Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Because the horn is loud?

20170409_124101.jpg
How did you take the black plastic part out without taking off the bumper? I hate taking off that bumper. I finally got a metal rod made and planning to install this weekend.

OP
OP
TAXMASTA

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
It was actually a pain, and I broke 2 clips cuz I went in blind. I just wanted it off .
Best advice, take off the bumper
Second best advice, s stick a couple fingers in the horn hole and pull pretty hard you'll have you need enough force to move the whole front bumper a couple of the top clips came loose then once I could see this style of clip it was I stuck a little plastic screwdriver on top of the black trim and below the bumper and I could pop the third top clip off. Then I couldn't Force any more Clips out from the front so I took off the wheel well splash guard and access them from the back it was a tight fit I had to turn the wheel to get more room and played around with a screwdriver on the rest of the clips from inside the bumper well someone else pulled out on the grill at the same time. There's a couple different style of clips that required more pressure than others period around the entire Grill there is like 11 or 12 clips. There is one connection Point that's not a clip ,it's a trim clip, picture attached, u need to get at it from the wheel well, it's at the bottom, closest to the center of the car . Look close at the pictures, with your head in the wheel well u will see all the clip locations, good luck

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade video download

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish pulling off that fog light grille were an option for us with fog lights. Major question though... where did you get that wiring harness? Did you rip it off the old horn and do your own wiring? I'm trying to get as much info before I pull off the bumper and replace the horn.
Sponsored