First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic H ST 6m
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for advice/suggestions on how to replace the OEM, meep meep, horn on the '20 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring.
Does the entire bumper need to be removed?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, just remove the passenger side front vent. I assume it pops/screws off just like the 19's. Youtube has instructions for that. I can't imagine it's any different for the new vent style.

OP
OP
EJLLee

EJLLee

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic H ST 6m
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

KYBubblehead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sports Touring
Country flag
OP
OP
EJLLee

EJLLee

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic H ST 6m
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
[QUOTE="KYBubblehead, post: 747610, member:

These are the ones I used; I took off the front bumper cover - not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

thanks!
I went with the high tone PIAA 500/600 hz horns, but anything is better than the silly stock horns. They are embarrassing.
I hope to put them in as soon as it gets warmer.
Honda Civic 10th gen Horn replacement for '20 Civic X Hatch Sport Touring B27F98DB-0810-44A7-A705-DBFFDE8F3C72

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had to replace my horn again. The first one I bought only lasted a few months. Completely dead. This new one I just bought has similar reviews, so we'll see. It definitely sounds better than the first one, which usually had a sick sound. You could tell it was never that great to begin with. This new one sounds much better from the onset.

Old (don't buy): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029XGNM

New (Recommendation pending...): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DINKPQ

Installation was easy. No relay required. No great place to mount it so I zip tied it to a metal bracket. Low budget, but works fine. Hopefully my video below works. I really don't wanna put it on youtube.

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn replacement for '20 Civic X Hatch Sport Touring image0(1)

Attachments

Last edited:

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
I installed the exact same horn FIAMM Freeway Blaster on my sport sedan this summer. Works great!

no need to use a relay and I was able to use the stock mounting bracket.
There was no way I was gonna remove the bumper for this, so I just removed some trim and screws underneath and squeezed my hands in to get it done.

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn replacement for '20 Civic X Hatch Sport Touring 642F519A-3D42-4290-9284-6DEF5ACF1844

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn replacement for '20 Civic X Hatch Sport Touring 2D55730A-C476-420C-BA13-27CD3BB9A344

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I went ahead and bought the Hella Trumper horns and returned the SuperTones. The trumpets appear to have a small form-factor that looks easier to place in existing mounting location. I was thinking about PIAA because I like that European sort of sound (not too domestic like an American car) but I think someone posted earlier that their PIAA's died after 6 months or so. The Hella Trumpets (although it does have that domestic sound) is what I ultimately decided on going with. I already have the harnesses from College Hills Honda so why not pair them with the trumpets I suppose.

OP
OP
EJLLee

EJLLee

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic H ST 6m
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went ahead and bought the Hella Trumper horns and returned the SuperTones. The trumpets appear to have a small form-factor that looks easier to place in existing mounting location. I was thinking about PIAA because I like that European sort of sound (not too domestic like an American car) but I think someone posted earlier that their PIAA's died after 6 months or so. The Hella Trumpets (although it does have that domestic sound) is what I ultimately decided on going with. I already have the harnesses from College Hills Honda so why not pair them with the trumpets I suppose.
Sounds like that’s going to work great for you.

Just an FYI regarding PIAA horns, I’ve installed about 7 horns on four different vehicles and have been operating them for over 10 years and never had a performance problem with any of the PIAA horns.
Sponsored