Horn options

Lxxyciviccy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Anyone hit their horn and it sound like a little dog toy squeaking? I hate joking my horn because it sounds like a little toy. Are there any options that are not too difficult to replace or add onto to make the horn not sound so wimpy? If anyone has ideas I would love to hear some. Thanks!
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Civic's horn do the job,
IMO its is a big job to have better one

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
When I had my 2016 LX, the horn was weak. The horn on the Si is a two-tone horn. Sounds strange but it’s functional.

It’s not meant to sound like a train horn and bring everyone within 100 ft of the car to their knees. As long as the sound can be heard and distinguished by whoever i’m honking at, that’s all I care about. It does a great job. It’s a safety feature.

Just get a train horn for your civic and make everyone shit their pants when you use it...

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
People do the Hella Horns, but I've heard mixed reviews. Plus, I'm pretty sure they partially block the intercooler.

Get the Accord horn, low tone. It's a cheap and easy replacement and sounds SOOOO much better.

OP
OP
Lxxyciviccy

Lxxyciviccy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
People do the Hella Horns, but I've heard mixed reviews. Plus, I'm pretty sure they partially block the intercooler.

Get the Accord horn, low tone. It's a cheap and easy replacement and sounds SOOOO much better.
From what year is your accord horn? How did you go about getting one? You say the replacement is easy, is the install basically plug and play or what?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone hit their horn and it sound like a little dog toy squeaking?
Personally, I think it sounds like a roadrunner "meep meep". I thought my 7thgen's horn sounded wimpy, then they upped the pitch in the 10thgens and made it sound worse.

I personally went with the Wolo Maxi 320-2t. Like $28 at Pep Boys because I didn't feel like waiting for Amazon, adapter harness from college hills honda, and used the included bracketry /OEM horn bracketry along with some spare nuts and bolts I had laying around to mount it all. Was a tight fit, but it fits. I was thinking about the Hella Sharptones, but the sound was still too high pitched for my liking. Supertones are way the hell too high pitched for my liking. These sound the way I'd expect a horn to sound. lol
Honda Civic 10th gen Horn options zIX6Xfl

Originally had it mounted like this, but it didn't clear the foglight. Very viable option if your car isn't equipped with fogs.
Honda Civic 10th gen Horn options RpX7EYt

Here's how they sound compared to OEM (starts off with the Wolo horn, OEM at 0:22). between 0:01 and 0:21 are me switching the connector from Wolo to OEM. lol. Don't mind all that.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
had to use my horn today when jackass's kept pulling into the fast lane in front of me and then braking because they are moron drivers, couldn't even hear the damn thing to know if it worked or not. yeah its pretty weaksauce.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm assuming that you have the 2.0 engine. If there's no foglights in the way; you may be able to get to the thing by just pulling back the lower wheel well cover. I replaced my LX horn with two PIAA horns. College Hills Honda sells an adapter to connect with the factory wiring. I've posted pictures and a sound clip in one of the other threads.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/college-hills-honda-horn-upgrade.36426/

Last edited:

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
From what year is your accord horn? How did you go about getting one? You say the replacement is easy, is the install basically plug and play or what?
It's from the current gen Accord. It's plug and play.

Hondapartsnetwork.com, hondapartsnow.com, and collegehillshonda.com are all good options for OEM parts.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone hit their horn and it sound like a little dog toy squeaking? I hate joking my horn because it sounds like a little toy. Are there any options that are not too difficult to replace or add onto to make the horn not sound so wimpy? If anyone has ideas I would love to hear some. Thanks!

If it makes you feel any better the horn sounds almost identical to the horn on one of these.. A manly man horn !

Honda Civic 10th gen Horn options 3AB4B0C1-8F74-4997-9543-E0F4E765915E
Sponsored