Daveg62

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatchback ex-l
Country flag
2020 civic Exl hatch with less than 3000 miles. Just noticed today that my horn is not working. The alarm on my key fob works or is that a different horn that goes off when you press it? It sounds alot louder than the regular horn for some reason.
Checked the fuse and it is good. I do not hear any click under the hood at all from the horn relay.
I made an appointment at the dealer next week just wondering if there is anything else I can check awhile.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Daveg62

Daveg62

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Audio upgrades back in July. Added amp and sub in the back and small amplifier off the head unit , new door speakers in the front doors. Swapped out high, low beams and fogs for led. That's about it . was just inspected in December so I know it worked then.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Nothing is obvious to me with the given info. I'll be curious to see the official diagnosis. Good luck.

OP
OP
Daveg62

Daveg62

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I just tried swapping relays and that didn't do anything. I don't think it's getting to the relay. Seems like a problem at the steering wheel.

CivRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX 2020
Country flag
2020 civic Exl hatch with less than 3000 miles. Just noticed today that my horn is not working. The alarm on my key fob works or is that a different horn that goes off when you press it? It sounds alot louder than the regular horn for some reason.
Checked the fuse and it is good. I do not hear any click under the hood at all from the horn relay.
I made an appointment at the dealer next week just wondering if there is anything else I can check awhile.
Crappy. My horn also has a problem starting at 5000km's Civic hatchback LX, Canadian version. It works but is very wonky and sounds like a dying cat with weird alternating modulation in sounds if you hold it. Haven't gone to the dealer yet but am extremely disappointed as it's a brand new car. Never had a Honda before, not sure I would buy again.

OP
OP
Daveg62

Daveg62

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just an update as I finally took it back to the dealer. It ended up being the cable reel in the steering wheel that was bad. (new car, less than 3000 miles) Because of the audio system mods I did several months previous, the dealer tried saying that the steering wheel was removed by someone, causing the problem with the cable reel therefore the warranty was voided.... Really???
After much debate and frustration, I finally convinced them that the steering wheel was never removed (and it was never removed!) I'm very upset that this dealer treated me so poorly and basically was calling me a liar, but kind of relieved that it is at least fixed and didn't cost me .
Sponsored