Hoping to keep your CTR long term as an investment...something to think about.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
You work in finance industry.

How acurate is that number? I have more than 5K in my savings by the time I finished highschool
Should be fairly accurate. I used to work at a company that employed a couple of thousand people in my office. I've met over half of them and spoke to hundreds on a personal level. Seems like majority of people don't know how to manage money and are in constant debt. The reoccurring theme around my office is how people complain about being broke.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
This is the sadder statistics than saving amount my age group:

Check out the full breakdown of median savings account balance by income:
  • Under $25,000: $500
  • $25,000-44,999: $1,500
  • $45,000-69,999: $2,200
  • $70,000-114,999: $5,400
  • $115,000-159,999: $10,000
  • $160.000+: $50,000
You make 100k but managed to save only 10k?

No wonder dealers are free mark up cars like CTR. They're basically telling buyers to come in with their own bottle of KY, pull down their pants, and then bend over.

Edit:

And most buyers are doing just that

Last edited:

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hell yea! but I don't have one tho :(
i don't either but a friend of mine in san diego who's a leading neurosurgeon has one. bastard is laffing his ass off to the bank!

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
LMAO....exactly! Those who “invested” in a car in this case CTR is a fool to be absolutely blunt and brutally honest. See my comment. It means the person has no clue what investing is about.

You got it...I make 25-60% return on stocks alone not to mention the $500M private equity fund I manage which has annual minimum return of 20% and does 3x-5x return over 5 years ;-)
Now that they are done with Elon Musk, the Securities and Exchange Commission would like me to advise you to cease and desist from engaging in general solicitation on behalf of your fund . . . on a Honda Civic forum, no less. There are very few accredited investors here, lol. Maybe a Lambo forum?

But seriously, I agree, 999 out of 1,000 times, cars are not suitable investment vehicles (haha).

People end up with only $10K to their name because they convince themselves that they are "investing" in nice cars, McMansions, engagement rings, spousal implants, golf clubs, yachts, "Girls Gone Wild" DVD's, so on.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Now that they are done with Elon Musk, the Securities and Exchange Commission would like me to advise you to cease and desist from engaging in general solicitation on behalf of your fund . . . on a Honda Civic forum, no less. There are very few accredited investors here, lol. Maybe a Lambo forum?

But seriously, I agree, 999 out of 1,000 times, cars are not suitable investment vehicles (haha).

People end up with only $10K to their name because they convince themselves that they are "investing" in nice cars, McMansions, engagement rings, spousal implants, golf clubs, yachts, "Girls Gone Wild" DVD's, so on.
yes, cars are generally "depreciating assets", as such I guess the key is to try to loose as least as possible.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LOL elon musk is a scam artist for longest time...i've said it to my friends over and over. shorted their stocks a while ago and made out like a bandit. great tech...idiot leader.

hahaha even on lambo forum not that many accredited investors even. many are cheap skates and getting younger and younger taking out dumb expensive leases paying $2500+ a month smh...

fund closed already 3 years ago and fund 3 is early stage of raising but limited partners are the 10-digit ones...thus anonymity rules ;-)

moonman

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT (FK8, 2018)
Country flag
simple math...let's assume $35k purchase plus $15k of maintenance insurance etc. all paid up front just to keep it simple:
2) invest $50k today in stocks or something else and get 15% (my minimum target)...in 10 years it becomes $202K. at 20% annual return it's $310k.
Did you make 15% in 2001, 2007, 2008? ;-)
When you're talking about such numbers, there is high risk involved...

I had a 40% loss in my portfolio (no stocks, just funds) in 2008. I didn't need that money, so today it's up again and better than ever. But people with less savings would be fu**.
In addition they closed one of my real estate funds and another Gold fund a few years ago. There was nothing I could do, they were just closed and payed back. The Gold rate was down at that time, so I lost more than 60% or 70% on that Gold fund. Even if the finance guys tell you "just let that money invested for 10 years if you don't need it now", it could happen that they close down a fund or a company goes bankrupt. Happened to SwissAir! Until 2001 no one would ever think about SwissAir going down!

So, be careful.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
yes, cars are generally "depreciating assets", as such I guess the key is to try to loose as least as possible.
I am doing my part, my friend. I have put on 14,500 miles since last December.

But you know, I must say that the resale value of CTR's is phenomenal compared to that of regular vehicles, even if they are higher mileage.

Last edited:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Outside of my 401k, I've got my own hobby portfolio that has been doing really well but I am fully aware that the market can rip out all of my profits in a day if it so chooses. My wife and I have been good about saving and I keep my mortgage balance in the bin just in case, which resides in a high yield savings account so it ticks some cash back while it sits. I'm not keeping my CTR long term and I never look at cars as an investment anyway, but I think I will be able to make a few bucks when I sell it in the near term given the demand.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Outside of my 401k, I've got my own hobby portfolio that has been doing really well but I am fully aware that the market can rip out all of my profits in a day if it so chooses. I'm not keeping my CTR long term and I never look at cars as an investment anyway, but I think I will be able to make a few bucks when I sell it in the near term given the demand.
I have 401k, but I need to get the "hobby" portfolio going soon...and on the note of the 401k, might be a good time to go in and play around a bit...market seems to be pretty good right now.
Sponsored