Hoping to keep your CTR long term as an investment...something to think about.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Never been one to "collect" in this manner. However I do own 4 Civics with one being the R. I buy to enjoy not to invest. Good advice though.
Sponsored

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 401k, but I need to get the "hobby" portfolio going soon...and on the note of the 401k, might be a good time to go in and play around a bit...market seems to be pretty good right now.
meanwhile goldman set new target for apple stocks at $250....just saying ;-)

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be watching apple, amazon and tesla
oh god not tesla...you'll in for heart attacks. run, don't walk! unless you're into short selling big time lol.

apple for years has a pattern...dips before september announcements, comes back up couple days after announcements, dips again, then comes back and plateaus through thanksgiving selling season, drops again before xmas selling, then jumps to new high once qtrly earnings come out in jan/feb from xmas orders. rinse and repeat...

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
People also have to understand that the cars we see on tv and elsewhere that sell for huge amounts of money are 1 in a million cars. 50 to 60 year nyear old cars that have something about them that stands out.. model..collectablity.. rare.. low number... found in a barn with zero miles and in mint condition.. and so on.. Even then out of the millions and millions and millions of cars produced each year less then a 100(guessing ) that we see on tv go for big money. so the chance a crt would, it would be after 30 years and with zero miles and still mint and with a low number and also about 4 other variables that most likely will never be met.

Scott SiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #232, 2003 Accord 6-6, 2010 Accord 6-6
Vehicle Showcase
Carmax has a few used CTRs and all of them are above msrp. So though the CTR might not be a good investment, at least if you need to sell your CTR, the resale value remains high :thumbsup:

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Anybody who thinks they know how a company will react in a given market, well, they're just throwing darts. Just wait till the market crashes like in 2007 and go in. Doesn't take a genius or fancy finance talk to figure that one out. As for the CTR value, nobody knows that either till WAY down the road. Maybe the first PMM's with badge #'s under 1000 will be the one. There seem to be less of those than other colors. Usually it's certain runs on a vehicle with certain characteristics. It's worth keeping an eye on anyway.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody who thinks they know how a company will react in a given market, well, they're just throwing darts. Just wait till the market crashes like in 2007 and go in. Doesn't take a genius or fancy finance talk to figure that one out. As for the CTR value, nobody knows that either till WAY down the road. Maybe the first PMM's with badge #'s under 1000 will be the one. There seem to be less of those than other colors. Usually it's certain runs on a vehicle with certain characteristics. It's worth keeping an eye on anyway.
You’d have to be a good researcher and know a market segment deeply...and read financials, prepare financial statements, and understand free cash flow models. So yes you can know how a company reacts if you have board experiences and actually ran companies as a CEO (public and private). I bet no one here has.

Apple is $232 today...bought at $108. Just saying....

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
It's what you do, I get it...On the other hand, I bought Apple at $93.00...Just waited until it split. Read no financials.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Carmax has a few used CTRs and all of them are above msrp. So though the CTR might not be a good investment, at least if you need to sell your CTR, the resale value remains high :thumbsup:
Yup, say what you will but there are used CTRs selling for damn near $40k retail. So certainly this car isn't an "investment" that's going to be making you rich, you could very realistically drive it for a couple years and recoup almost all your original cost in resale value.

floareatravis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ek
Country flag
You have some interesting points. I never thought that cars could be a reasonable investment, but I see for some of you, it seems to be working.
Sponsored