Hope its nothing bad...

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Hey guys just hit 13500 miles on my si and recently ive noticed a strange noise that occurs in between shifts. As soon as I clutch in and let off gas it sounds like a ringing or free spooling of something but it stops as soon as the next gear is engaged and im on the throttle. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Hey guys just hit 13500 miles on my si and recently ive noticed a strange noise that occurs in between shifts. As soon as I clutch in and let off gas it sounds like a ringing or free spooling of something but it stops as soon as the next gear is engaged and im on the throttle. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance for any input.
I know this may seem redundant, but do you happen to have a video of it? It could be a couple things

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
so it makes the sound whenever the clutch is in?
Sounds like your throw out bearing then

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
Yup. I've had that in my truck for a long time. The sound has gotten worse recently and now sounds kinda disturbing.

OP-If others agree, and you need to fix it, while you have things apart it's a good time to throw a performance clutch in.

And keep your foot off the clutch pedal except to shift. ;)

OP
OP
10Gensi

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Yup. I've had that in my truck for a long time. The sound has gotten worse recently and now sounds kinda disturbing.

OP-If others agree, and you need to fix it, while you have things apart it's a good time to throw a performance clutch in.

And keep your foot off the clutch pedal except to shift. ;)
Thanks for the info. Id rather not have to put a new clutch in at 13500 miles that fu*k*ng ridiculous. It that considered a wear item or could I pull it in warranty? I only use the clutch for shifting.

I know this may seem redundant, but do you happen to have a video of it? It could be a couple things
Unfortunately I dont ill try to get one.

so it makes the sound whenever the clutch is in?
Yeah clutch in off throttle changing gears.

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Id rather not have to put a new clutch in at 13500 miles that fu*k*ng ridiculous. It that considered a wear item or could I pull it in warranty? I only use the clutch for shifting.
You jinxed it by talking about a Stage 3 clutch on Saturday.

A TO bearing failure at 13k should be a warranty thing, do you have a good relationship with your dealership/their service dept?

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
At 13,500 miles Honda will make it right, bring it backto the dealer. Don’t forget these are Honda’s, not Fords, Chevys, Fiats, etc.

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
I actually dont think its a warranty when it comes to transmission. Thats a wear item as you replace the throw out bearing with the clutch. Unless you have a good rep with your service advisors in the dealership i dont think they are going to let you warranty this. The problem is they dont know if you abused the clutch to make it do that ect...without taking it apart. Theres a chance that they would replace under warranty but dont hold your breath.

OP
OP
10Gensi

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Thanks everyone appreciate all the input. I know the service rep pretty well and one of the master techs is my neighbor so I maybe able to see what they can do about it. The odd this is when I tried to replicate the noise this afternoon I could not wtf lol.

You jinxed it by talking about a Stage 3 clutch on Saturday.

A TO bearing failure at 13k should be a warranty thing, do you have a good relationship with your dealership/their service dept?
Lmao I know right?! Just my luck lol

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
2700 miles. Mine is going In tomorrow. I spoke to the service writer/advisor and said “it sounds like a bad throwout bearing”

He replied “or a torque converter”

W
T
F bro

Unreal.

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
2700 miles. Mine is going In tomorrow. I spoke to the service writer/advisor and said “it sounds like a bad throwout bearing”

He replied “or a torque converter”

W
T
F bro

Unreal.
Torque converter on a manual? :hmm:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
At 13,500 miles Honda will make it right, bring it backto the dealer. Don’t forget these are Honda’s, not Fords, Chevys, Fiats, etc.
lol theyll make it right after he argues with them about it

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Confirmed throwout bearing. They’re replacing all clutch components... 2700 miles. Have to order a few parts but they put me in a 19 Accord Sport so I’m ok with that. Zero argument or attempt to blame it on me.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Confirmed throwout bearing. They’re replacing all clutch components... 2700 miles. Have to order a few parts but they put me in a 19 Accord Sport so I’m ok with that. Zero argument or attempt to blame it on me.
good to hear dude. im glad you didnt have to go through any hassle.
Sponsored