Hood Spacers

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I did it but still questioning if it looks good. So Honda Fam...what's your opinion? Yay or nay?
1494099201345.jpeg
Since you asked.... nay. Sorry.
Sponsored

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely a nay for me. I don't like it.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
PLEASE NO!!!!!!! It's a shame to see this generation going down the same route of the past practices......BUT, that's just my opinion, do what YOU like not what others do.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Reminds me of hoods that open up from the back instead of front like the dodge viper... that hasn't been closed all the way. My personal thought on modification is if someone hates it or love it than it looks right. But if someone drives by and says "what the hell happened to that car. Did it get in an accident?" than i'll say no lol. The only time I thought it was useful to have hood spacer was when my buddy dropped an RB26 into his 240sx and the only way to close the hood was to get the hood raised... and it still didn't look right hahaha. It's your ride, as long as what you do to your ride doesn't endanger others do whatever make you happy, guys.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Hood spacers look bad on cars with flat hoods...with our "bucket" shaped hoods the terribleness if increased greatly.

...don't do it man. There's no documented cooling benefit. You'd have to remove the undertray for there to be any meaningful increase in airflow, and even then, it's questionable at best.
If you remove the undertray, I belive that's the black material under the hood. Don't have a engine fire, insurance won't cover. Since It's designed to choke out a fire.

Illiya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 1973 Porsche 914, 2015 BMW F800GT, 1996 Honda Nighthawk.
Country flag
A big NAY - same with the hokey looking side window deflectors. But love the WOP.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Someone tried to recommend this for overheating. This ruins the lines of the car and in no way helps overheating cause the issue is air getting through the bumper not out of the engine compartment. The fenders are open to allow air to escape. The only reason anyone did this in the past was to clear a k24 engine in an older chassis.
tcr cars have a huge opening in the front bumper for a reason.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I don't like it - makes it look like you are awaiting an insurance claim because you rear-ended someone.
I also don't like those fancy anodized tow-loops some people put on the back of their cars - first thing I think when I see them is that they must be really poor drivers to regularly require a ditch extraction.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah...those hood spacers really make the car look damaged. They don’t work at all with the Civic’s body lines.

?
Sponsored