First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi Friends,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently bought my Platinum White 2020 Honda Civic Si a month ago and anticipated a car accident, door ding, or any other type of shitty mishap that often happens after purchasing a new car.

Welp,

Late last night, a random block of concrete on the freeway was hit by a semi -truck and a large piece struck the side of my hood. Now my options differ greatly. Whereas, two companies want to purchase a new hood, repaint, and blend the fenders, another company wants to repair/repaint without touching the fenders. Please keep in mind I'm doing my best to resist filing a claim with my insurance.

Option A: $1,694
- Hood replacement
- Repaint
- Blend fenders

Option B: $1,900
- Same as above

Option C: $600
- Repairing the hood, and repainting. He stated that he wouldn't be able to get 100% the right finish because its platinum white, and also explained that if any auto shop guarantees 100% the right blend, they are lying.
- No tax to pay, he just wants a cash transaction.

Now my gut is telling me, if its too good to be true.. it probably is. So I suppose my question is.. What do you guys think? Should I just file the claim? Is $600 too good to be true?

Thank you for the help,

Broke Millennial

Honda Civic 10th gen Hood Replacement? IMG_0044

Honda Civic 10th gen Hood Replacement? IMG_0045

Honda Civic 10th gen Hood Replacement? IMG_0046

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Unless I'm not seeing it correctly, your fenders look untouched so I don't see why a new hood painted platinum white would require blending on the fenders. Also you could get a sweet-ass carbon fiber hood for a lot less than $1,600 ;)

OP
OP
BrokeMillennial
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Unless I'm not seeing it correctly, your fenders look untouched so I don't see why a new hood painted platinum white would require blending on the fenders. Also you could get a sweet-ass carbon fiber hood for a lot less than $1,600 ;)
See that's what I'm talking about, the fenders are untouched which makes me skeptical, but the auto shops are just saying how hard it is to match the color.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
See that's what I'm talking about, the fenders are untouched which makes me skeptical, but the auto shops are just saying how hard it is to match the color.
I can understand the option C guy saying that, since he's offering to paint over the damage on an already painted hood. But if you are buying a brand new hood and your car's paint is still relatively fresh and new, the colors should match just fine unless Honda has locked up the secret recipe for platinum white.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I'm Also a First time poster I registered cause I had to reply to this thread.
What about

Option D Carbon Fiber replacement hood

Option C File a claim and pay your deductible (Shouldn't affect your rate)
Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
BrokeMillennial
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm Also a First time poster I registered cause I had to reply to this thread.
What about

Option D Carbon Fiber replacement hood

Option C File a claim and pay your deductible (Shouldn't affect your rate)
Just my 2 cents.
I have yet to see a stock Si with a CF hood. If I had more visuals to compare, I would consider it.

The photo's I've seen so far have been fully modded Honda's and my car is far from that lol.

As far as filing a claim, I'll probably call later to see how hard it hits my rate. If not, then I have my answer.

But hey! thank you for registering to respond. I appreciate ya.

Last edited:

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of them will say that they need to blend the color on both fenders when the hood is getting painted, but I can tell you that the hood will never look the same in color to begin with if you look at the your fenders and hood now in different time and different lighting condition.

When I get my previous car repainted entirely, the hood and fenders are not in the same color under fluorescent light, so it just proves that they are not the same to begin with because of the direction of hood and fenders. They will look fine under natural lights.

Your bumper is not looking the same in color in your pictures. If for some reasons you only get the hood painted, then it will not look the same because it's a fresh coat of paint. Paint changes in color when it settles down, and of course oxidation over time plays a huge factor.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry about your damage. If I were you I'd want the security of the insurance company being involved in case something went wrong and there needed to be follow-up after it was fixed
I kind of like the idea of a carbon fiber hood but that's obviously a matter of like\dislike. Good luck, though. Really sucks that you can't drive down a highway without needing to dodge errant concrete.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I’m pretty sure Honda sells the paint you can just provide to option c so you know for sure the paint is correct.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Check ebay or car-parts for OEM same color hoods. I replaced mine for $120, same color and OE. No problem.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi Friends,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently bought my Platinum White 2020 Honda Civic Si a month ago and anticipated a car accident, door ding, or any other type of shitty mishap that often happens after purchasing a new car.

Welp,

Late last night, a random block of concrete on the freeway was hit by a semi -truck and a large piece struck the side of my hood. Now my options differ greatly. Whereas, two companies want to purchase a new hood, repaint, and blend the fenders, another company wants to repair/repaint without touching the fenders. Please keep in mind I'm doing my best to resist filing a claim with my insurance.

Option A: $1,694
- Hood replacement
- Repaint
- Blend fenders

Option B: $1,900
- Same as above

Option C: $600
- Repairing the hood, and repainting. He stated that he wouldn't be able to get 100% the right finish because its platinum white, and also explained that if any auto shop guarantees 100% the right blend, they are lying.
- No tax to pay, he just wants a cash transaction.

Now my gut is telling me, if its too good to be true.. it probably is. So I suppose my question is.. What do you guys think? Should I just file the claim? Is $600 too good to be true?

Thank you for the help,

Broke Millennial

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg
https://houston.craigslist.org/pts/d/cypress-honda-civic-si-hood/7121217320.html