Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
aside from the legality of what OP did, i dont see any 2-3 flexing in this video where he reaches approx 161 mph.

Did it look worse than what's shown?
When that guy in the vid is doing that speed and approaching cars, can you imagine what happens if they innocently go to change lanes right into the CTR? Scary stuff on a public road. And wreckless as fuck.
Sponsored

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When that guy in the vid is doing that speed and approaching cars, can you imagine what happens if they innocently go to change lanes right into the CTR? Scary stuff on a public road. And wreckless as fuck.
You're forgetting this is Germany where people actually know how to drive. I would never drive like this anywhere in North America.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
You're forgetting this is Germany where people actually know how to drive. I would never drive like this anywhere in North America.
I go to Germany for work quite a bit. I wholeheartedly agree people can drive WAY better than any other country I’ve been in. With that said, the autobahn is still plenty full of idiots and I’d never drive that fast on the “open” sections.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
OP has also mysteriously vanished from responses... hmm wonder why? ?

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
In my experience you'll start getting a noticable bonnet wobble from 130MPH upwards, though it doesn't become that dramatic - It's just a chracteristic, and you can easily see that the bonnet itself isn't going anywhere.

At 160MPH it is quite present, but nowhere near 3-4" - They're not going to sell a car where the bonnet flies off at maximum speed; If it did we'd certainly have heard about it by now.

As for the angels deriding 160mph, there are (admittedly very rare) times where it's safe to do so on a public road; No babies or small animals are going to instantly die because someone VMAXed on an empty road in the desert - If you bin it or collect an animal at those speeds, It's your own problem to deal with.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
In my experience you'll start getting a noticable bonnet wobble from 130MPH upwards, though it doesn't become that dramatic - It's just a chracteristic, and you can easily see that the bonnet itself isn't going anywhere.

At 160MPH it is quite present, but nowhere near 3-4" - They're not going to sell a car where the bonnet flies off at maximum speed; If it did we'd certainly have heard about it by now.

As for the angels deriding 160mph, there are (admittedly very rare) times where it's safe to do so on a public road; No babies or small animals are going to instantly die because someone VMAXed on an empty road in the desert - If you bin it or collect an animal at those speeds, It's your own problem to deal with.
Let’s not dilute what the OP said... “light traffic” during this high speed run. I agree there ARE places on public roads you could reach massive speed and be the only vehicle for miles. When the implication is this was around any sort of traffic, OP deserves to be ridiculed by the “angels” for being a complete tool.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

OP was going through some light traffic. I doubt the hood was flexing 3-4", but "dirty" air could have it flex unevenly as well. That said, going 160 with light traffic does indeed put babies and other people (in general) at risk. Small animals are going to be at risk regardless of whether or not there is traffic, though it's unlikely, it can still happen. I've had a squirrel jump right in front of my car and eat my front tire while doing 60-70 on the bend of an on-ramp before I merged with traffic.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are missing my point. I was specifically referring to the video that was posted.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hood flexing Screenshot 2020-11-10 121226

At this point the FK8 driver is doing 158 mph. Watching it in real time, he clearly is doubling the speed of the other cars. My point being, in this scenario, it's a dumb move... not in terms of speed per say. I am the king of speeding, trust me. It's that on a highway, in this exact scenario, he can't predict or anticipate the van to the right. If indeed they didn't see the FK8 until the last minute... disaster. And as you can see not far ahead is another slow vehicle. IMO, wrong time, wrong place.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I'm certainly not advocating stonking 100mph+ speed differentials either... - Clearly a slightly different interpretation of light traffic :p
This video gives a fairly good impression of what is acceptable.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
must have some kind of problem with your hood ,ive seen manny ctr ,s hiting top speed with no flex there is a reason honda top speed is 169 it must of bin checked before puting something on a car that can come of

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Just take a video of it ripping off at 160mph and YOU WIN!
Sponsored