First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata tips 1614130552352

Which mods should I enable that wont horribly mess up my car. Im tryna get some pops and crackles. Kinda new to this hondata. I have a Civic hatchback ex 1.5t AND mishimoto SRI and muffler delete. I chose the 6+psi as a start but have not flashed it onto the car yet.
Sponsored

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
1614130552352.png

Which mods should I enable that wont horribly mess up my car. Im tryna get some pops and crackles. Kinda new to this hondata. I have a Civic hatchback ex 1.5t AND mishimoto SRI and muffler delete. I chose the 6+psi as a start but have not flashed it onto the car yet.
Cant really answer your question but if you dont want to horribly mess up your car then try to tune it so it doesnt have any pops and crackles. Pops and crackles are not very healthy for your car.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The correct answer is to buy a Phearable tune (I'm not sure if TSP has Hondata tunes) and stay the F away from those stupid crackle tunes. I'm assuming by your check boxes that you still have a stock down pipe, which will get destroyed by such a tune.

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The correct answer is to buy a Phearable tune (I'm not sure if TSP has Hondata tunes) and stay the F away from those stupid crackle tunes. I'm assuming by your check boxes that you still have a stock down pipe, which will get destroyed by such a tune.
I’m waiting on PRL downpipe catless will I get such pops and cracks with the proper Pherable tune?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, here's a non-Si doing it's GOD thing...

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I've got a 17 Si with Hondata, I've had TSP Stage 1 in the past, it wasn't the same as God mode with Phearable (which I never liked personally) but while decelerating in 3rd, and even more so while decelerating in 2nd, I'd get some pops and crackles that was fairly subtle, but still loud enough to make me happy. Now I have Power metrics Stage 2 and there isn't any crackles. But if you're specifically looking for the loud pops and crackles Phearable would be your choice. But definitely wait until the catless dp is installed.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But if you're specifically looking for the loud pops and crackles Phearable would be your choice. But definitely wait until the catless dp is installed.
Why do people keep saying Phearable is your choice with Hondata? His 10th gen OTS stuff is KTuner only.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Why do people keep saying Phearable is your choice with Hondata? His 10th gen OTS stuff is KTuner only.
I was not referring to either Hondata or Ktuner. All I meant by saying that was that if he was in search of the loud crackles and pops, that Phearable with God mode would be the way to go. I only mentioned Hondata because I have Hondata, and when I had TSP Stage 1, I had SOME crackles and pops, but it wasn't as obnoxious, or pointless in my opinion. I was trying to show him another route for more subtle crackles and pops.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I did make a mistake that you brought to my attention though. I wasn't aware Phearbale was only for Ktuner only. So to comment what I did on a "Hondata tips" thread was kind of dumb. I'm at work a little distracted and made a mistake. Woops.

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I did make a mistake that you brought to my attention though. I wasn't aware Phearbale was only for Ktuner only. So to comment what I did on a "Hondata tips" thread was kind of dumb. I'm at work a little distracted and made a mistake. Woops.
Yep I had a successful tune with the Hondata very big difference from stock to 6 psi I love it. However no cracks or pops. Il think about the Pherable tune after my Downpipe install.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep I had a successful tune with the Hondata very big difference from stock to 6 psi I love it. However no cracks or pops. Il think about the Pherable tune after my Downpipe install.
Yes, the +6 psi OTS tune is a huge improvement over stock, really wakes the car up. But I would recommend getting TSP Stage 1 or Powermetrics Stage 1 (I've never had Phearable) there is almost as much a difference between these tunes from the +6 psi base map as the +6 psi tune was from stock, if that makes sense. And for only $80-$100 I think, well worth the few bucks in my opinion. TSP I had some pops when decelerating in lower gears on my Si. And I just learned that Phearable is for Ktuner only. So if you have Hondata, a God mode tune is not an option, to the best of my knowledge. It's really a "look at me" thing, it doesn't have any performance benefits. But if that's what you care about (no judgment) then switch platforms to Ktuner, there is a trade in program you cantake advantage of, and go with Phearable with God mode.

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yes, the +6 psi OTS tune is a huge improvement over stock, really wakes the car up. But I would recommend getting TSP Stage 1 or Powermetrics Stage 1 (I've never had Phearable) there is almost as much a difference between these tunes from the +6 psi base map as the +6 psi tune was from stock, if that makes sense. And for only $80-$100 I think, well worth the few bucks in my opinion. TSP I had some pops when decelerating in lower gears on my Si. And I just learned that Phearable is for Ktuner only. So if you have Hondata, a God mode tune is not an option, to the best of my knowledge. It's really a "look at me" thing, it doesn't have any performance benefits. But if that's what you care about (no judgment) then switch platforms to Ktuner, there is a trade in program you cantake advantage of, and go with Phearable with God mode.
I just installed my downpipe by PRL catless but still no pops and cracks. It sounds and feels amazing however. I have muffler delete too but res still on. Not sure if I should delete res it may be too loud.
Sponsored