Hondata Tests PRL Intake Performance Gains

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I have this grill installed also. Funny thing for me is though it didn’t improve my temps at all haha. I had the grill installed last and my temps stayed the same. Oh well I’m still seeing good stuff so no worries.

Wow! That is impressive! Street MAF I'm assuming? Easily 20-30F drop for me.....wow!

Appreciate the info! I was wondering about that grill!
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh I know hat already just saying my intercooler temps are 16 over ambient
Was wondering did you guys do anything else to get cooler air?

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Oh I know hat already just saying my intercooler temps are 16 over ambient
Post up a video of you using hondata and your IAT temps. Then post up a video of you using ktuner and your IAT temps. I haven't seen anyone using the Cobra report temperatures as high as yours but I have seen people using hondata software and not understanding that IAT1 is actually post intercooler Temps.:postpics:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Post up a video of you using hondata and your IAT temps. Then post up a video of you using ktuner and your IAT temps. I haven't seen anyone using the Cobra report temperatures as high as yours but I have seen people using hondata software and not understanding that IAT1 is actually post intercooler Temps.:postpics:
Lol everyone keeps saying that IATs are reversed and I know that already lol. I will post you a video I record later today showing you guys that my IAT1 on Hondata is lower than my IAT2. And yes my post intercooler temps are lower than my pre.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol everyone keeps saying that IATs are reversed and I know that already lol. I will post you a video I record later today showing you guys that my IAT1 on Hondata is lower than my IAT2. And yes my post intercooler temps are lower than my pre.
Are we sure those numbers are still reversed? I have a stock setup. Stock airbox, stock IC. Running Hondata and IAT1 is always lower than IAT2. At a cruise, like the situation in the video above, IAT1 will read ~15F over ambient. IAT2 will read ~30F over ambient (so +15F over IAT1).

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are we sure those numbers are still reversed? I have a stock setup. Stock airbox, stock IC. Running Hondata and IAT1 is always lower than IAT2. At a cruise, like the situation in the video above, IAT1 will read ~15F over ambient. IAT2 will read ~30F over ambient (so +15F over IAT1).
Yes according to Hondata and everybody the IAT’s are opposite to Ktuner. So IAT1 is post intercooler and IAT2 is pre

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yup its still reversed, and it looks like you intercooler is working as it should ;)

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just did some number crunching. It seems with the additional 16whp or so, I can shave off approximately 2/10ths - 3/10ths off my 1/4 mile time. This was convincing enough to get this installed instead of sitting in my garage. Looking forward to seeing the results now. Haven't been to the track at all this year. Nothing to test...

Blayzejlm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Country flag
I just installed the base tune from my flashpro on my 2018 civic sport touring cvt which is the +6. I also just ordered the PRL stage 1 inatke system which is the tube and drop in filter. Is there any other tuning with the flashpro that I have to do after I install it? Or will I even get any gains out of it at all or maybe just sound?
Sponsored