Hondata Si choices.....

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I didn't see the "Si" listed in the drop down menu under new calibrations but see quite a few base maps under 2016+ civic 1,5 MT....are those the ones I choose from for my 17 Si or did I miss something? Thanks
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't see the "Si" listed in the drop down menu under new calibrations but see quite a few base maps under 2016+ civic 1,5 MT....are those the ones I choose from for my 17 Si or did I miss something? Thanks
There are Si specific tunes. Make sure you downloaded all of the calibrations when you downloaded the software (not just the base 1.5 calibrations). I think it gives you a choice when you first download the software whether or not you want to download all the calibrations or only ones for certain vehicles, just make sure you have the Si calibrations downloaded. Also make sure you have chosen 2017+ Civic Si in the main drop down (the place where it presumably says 2016+ Civic 1.5 MT right now). I don't have the software in front of me at the moment to give a better description, but there are Si specific calibrations.

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
There are Si specific tunes. Make sure you downloaded all of the calibrations when you downloaded the software (not just the base 1.5 calibrations). I think it gives you a choice when you first download the software whether or not you want to download all the calibrations or only ones for certain vehicles, just make sure you have the Si calibrations downloaded. Also make sure you have chosen 2017+ Civic Si in the main drop down (the place where it presumably says 2016+ Civic 1.5 MT right now). I don't have the software in front of me at the moment to give a better description, but there are Si specific calibrations.
I have the latest software update as of yesterday.I will look again

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Figured it out , thanks, missed the 1st dropdown window.........which is best overall in the +6psi choices?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Figured it out , thanks, missed the 1st dropdown window.........which is best overall in the +6psi choices?
I believe you have a CARB certified version, a +6 full time, and a +6 on sport mode only. So it will mainly just depend whether you want it full time or just when sport mode is enabled.

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I believe you have a CARB certified version, a +6 full time, and a +6 on sport mode only. So it will mainly just depend whether you want it full time or just when sport mode is enabled.
There are more choices, E85 and a few +9psi choices.......5 or 6 +6psi choices....

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Not gonna use the 9psi with stock clutch

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are more choices, E85 and a few +9psi choices.......5 or 6 +6psi choices....
I like the option to toggle between "Factory Equivalent" and "+6" personally, so I use the "Civic Si Turbo +6 PSI via Sport button." I also have it start in Sport (option under misc. parameters). I don't use the CARB so I can change the overrun fuel cut delay. I have mine set to 50/40/30/30/30 currently and that seems to reduce the experience of rev hang.

Actually, this week, I ended up reducing the boost targets in the TC maximum pressure table. I was hitting 22.5 psi (on 93 octane) on my datalogs using the OTS map, which was just a little high for my comfort. If you look at the boost targets for the +6 map it calls for 21 psi @4k then ramps to a max of 23.8 psi @5.7k (assuming you are at sea level). I dialed back from 3.5k-4.5k by .1 bar and then from 5k-6.5k dialed it back by .15 bar. That left me with a max pressure of ~21 psi @ 5.7k. I've hit 20.7 psi on the data logs using that formula. I was going to do a universal reduction, but until 2.3k the boost pressures are actually slightly less than stock and then they don't really start pushing beyond stock in a significant way until 3.5k, so I just started there. So far I like how it drives and I just feel better keeping it below 21 psi of boost. That is me. Anyone who knows more than I do, feel free to call me out if I've done something stupid, but I didn't touch any other parameters, just pulled back on the boost levels like I said.

hichamaziz

First Name
hicham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Make sure you downloaded all of the calibrations when you downloaded the software