Hondata Rev Limit Ignored by ECU

K1utch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EX-T Manual Coupe, 94 Civic Si HatchBack
Country flag
Hey Guys, i'm trying to trace an issue, and hope one of y'all can help. It appears that after flashing my 17 EX-T 6MT back from +9PSI to +6PSI (maybe before, but it never happened), my rev limiter is no longer kicking in. luckily I caught it the first time it happened, but this is a big concern since I drive this thing pretty hard, a lot, and not having a rev limiter when my adrenaline is going is not a good idea. I've attached a datalog I took of it over revving past redline, and a screenshot of the settings I have set (I intentionally set a slightly lower rev limit when I re uploaded the +6PSI tune in hopes that it would fix the issue.

steps I've taken:
Flashed back to stock then re flashed a stock +6PSI base map only changing the rev limit to 5.5k and changing the rev overrun values (but not tested the rev limiter at stock. i'm about to do that now to see if the stock tune fixes the issue and will report back)

Any help is appreciated guys!

UPDATE: using the "restore to stock" flashing bacm to stock did not restore my rev limiter.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Rev Limit Ignored by ECU over rev.PNG

Attachments

Last edited:

KMS_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Evo 10, 03 S2000
Country flag
there is no option to adjust the overall rev limiter

the speed limiter doesn't function as a overall rev limit. It will become active once you reach 186mph. Once you do, the engine will be limited to 5500 rpm

OP
OP
K1utch

K1utch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
there is no option to adjust the overall rev limiter

the speed limiter doesn't function as a overall rev limit. It will become active once you reach 186mph. Once you do, the engine will be limited to 5500 rpm
Gotcha, well that's good to know! Worries me even more now though, since It sounds like I'm probably going to have to take it into the dealership to have them take a look at why the rev limiter isn't engaging.

OP
OP
K1utch

K1utch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, quick update... the rev limit issue just kinda started working again on the stock tune... So... It's fixed? Hopefully :p hopefully it transferes over to the 6 psi tune
Sponsored