NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I understand that the majority of the hp increases and changes that Hondata Flashpro implements, during a re-flash, are engaged in Sport mode. Including the elimination (or major reduction) of the annoying rev-hang these cars have. However, I was wondering if when not in Sport Mode, the changes made to reduce rev-hang are still active? I've searched and couldn't find the answer, hopefully someone that has experience with the re-flash on their car will be able to answer this. Big reason why I would get the Flashpro for my 17 Si... Thanks!
Sponsored

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I don't know this for sure because I have a non Si but the way ktuner works for me is in eco AND normal, if I choose to disable rev hang it is disabled. only time rev hang is there is below 2k rpms or if cruise control is enabled (not set, just enabled). They do it like this so that cruise control is smooth and smoother low rpm driving in traffic.

SlowRideL15B

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si
I don't know this for sure because I have a non Si but the way ktuner works for me is in eco AND normal, if I choose to disable rev hang it is disabled. only time rev hang is there is below 2k rpms or if cruise control is enabled (not set, just enabled). They do it like this so that cruise control is smooth and smoother low rpm driving in traffic.
I got rid of most of the rev hang by dropping one of the settings on the Hondata down to 10 ms... Shoot, can't remember which setting and I bought a new computer so i can't load it up and look. Someone help me, or comment on what you did to reduce rev-hang.

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I was hoping it was more of an out-of-the-box kind of fix. I just want to plug it in, flash the car, unplug, and go. I certainly don't want to adjust anything in the program myself (other then the toggle on/off options they have).

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V
I was hoping it was more of an out-of-the-box kind of fix. I just want to plug it in, flash the car, unplug, and go. I certainly don't want to adjust anything in the program myself (other then the toggle on/off options they have).
There is a video on YouTube by a reputable tuner adjusting this Flashpro setting, allowing revhang to be eliminated.

Sigpro556

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hey guys first timer on here and very much newbie with the hondata flashpro ,but I'm having no luck searchng for a way to reduce rev hang . Seen lots of post of people talking about it and how much better it is with it gone. But no real answer how. Any help would be appreciated!

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys first timer on here and very much newbie with the hondata flashpro ,but I'm having no luck searchng for a way to reduce rev hang . Seen lots of post of people talking about it and how much better it is with it gone. But no real answer how. Any help would be appreciated!
Go to calibrations tab in flashpro manager with a tune selected and select fuel, there will be overrun fuel cut delay. Set 1-5 to 20 or lower if you want and that's all you do.

Sigpro556

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Hatchback LX
Country flag
I dropped it to 20 across the board. Sure seems like there is a decent amount of rev hang still there. Safe to drop it to 10? Or is this the best Hondata does without a more substantial complete fine tune ?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dropped it to 20 across the board. Sure seems like there is a decent amount of rev hang still there. Safe to drop it to 10? Or is this the best Hondata does without a more substantial complete fine tune ?
You can drop it as much as you want but you may find things a bit jerky in lower gears. You’ll just have to play with it.

Sigpro556

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Hatchback LX
Country flag
Yeah I don't want it riding rough. Just slowly trying to learn more and more tuning. I have the prl downpipe and front pipe on the way. Sure that will need more fine tuning. Any suggestions there ? So far everything I read they have been more then happy with that upgrade

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I don't want it riding rough. Just slowly trying to learn more and more tuning. I have the prl downpipe and front pipe on the way. Sure that will need more fine tuning. Any suggestions there ? So far everything I read they have been more then happy with that upgrade
Your turbo will spool better with the aftermarket downpipe. If it’s catless you will pick up some nice sound through the exhaust as well.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have mine set: 20,15,10,10,10. That way when cruising around in a higher gear the throttle plate doesn't snap shut and feel like and old school throttle cable with its jerkiness. I think people forget that part about pre drive by wire vehicles was that they were jerky when letting off the throttle, all anyone is worried about is the rev hang. Just a heads up by doing this the smoothness of lower speed traffic situation will not be as forgiving and feel like your driving a car from 1995.

Also if you have full throttle shift enabled, that makes a huge difference when driving hard.

Sigpro556

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Hatchback LX
Country flag
I did not go for catless sadly. Here in VB they are tough with inspections. Was still hoping for a deeper tone though. Anything I should do tune wise for them ? Yeah I completely know what your saying. I don't want this brand new civic to ride like my 96 ex . Those where some fun days lol. Thanks for your help man. I really appreciate it. I'l give those numbers a try now.

Sigpro556

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Hatchback LX
Country flag
I have the no lift shift enabled . But haven't really used it yet. Hard habit to break honestly . Feels so awkard no lifting to shift . Also what rpms did you set yours at for the no lift shift ?. Just took a peek at car. Very nice man. Wish I would have gotten a sport. Mine is just the lx hatchback
Sponsored