Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So would running it at the +6psi safe? Not issue with scoring the belt?
Yes it is safe and no issue with scoring the belt. Here was part of our testing regime for the + 6psi tune.
  • 100 0-90 mph consecutive acceleration runs up a hill
  • 6 hours circuit racing on Miller Motorsports Park Utah
  • 6 drag racing events with a best of 14.2
  • Several top speed runs of over 130 mph
Our highest concern is reliability.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
So clutch engagement and trans movement is why I can shred all the teeth off 4th gear just by rolling into boost on a K series? Without making a shift. Just leave it in 4th, and ease into it? Must be the clutch engagement... couldn't possibly be a weak gear that can't take the torque?

LoL
It's never one single event. It's the combination of events leading up to the failure.

The sheer and wear patterns will tend to tell the story. Though admittedly it's premature to assume the same outcome with GenX.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
It's never one single event. It's the combination of events leading up to the failure.

The sheer and wear patterns will tend to tell the story. Though admittedly it's premature to assume the same outcome with GenX.
I can put a brand new trans in and shred all the teeth off 4th gear with no shifting or clutch engagement. Hell we intentionally dyno some high hp cars in 3rd just to save 4th gear for some track passes. The trans is weak, period. How much luck you'll have will vary.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
we all share Hondatas outlook, it's a given, the point is they are not reliably strong.
Possibly. My EM1 (+20 over stock) and another running 525 at the wheels (built by the late Earl Lasky) never experienced an issue. Mine went 204K. The other owner, ~150K. By comparison, 4-5 other owners in the community sheered 2nd gear well before 80K.

The common link? All of them that failed were abused from a dig by their owners.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

that's backpedaling a bit. Honda states "mostly how you drive the car">you side with Hondata> you state it's a combination=which sides with both

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
that's backpedaling a bit. Honda states "mostly how you drive the car">you side with Hondata> you state it's a combination=which sides with both
Not what he is saying quicksipper. He means a combination of launching events/"YouTube star videos" of fast shifting that destroy manual transmissions.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
This is starting to get off topic...

Anyway I would like to see the belt with people running 22-23psi 100% TPlate after putting a few thousand of hard miles on it. we can only assume Vitviper claims that 220tq is safe. We would only know if someone took their tranny apart to look at the belt

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is starting to get off topic...

Anyway I would like to see the belt with people running 22-23psi 100% TPlate after putting a few thousand of miles on it. we can only assume Vitviper claims that 220tq is safe. We would only know if someone took their tranny apart to look at the belt
I would like to see PRL do some R&D on a CVT, they already have a cooler in the works, why stop there?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hondata's torque levels were around 200 and tested:
I'm pretty sure 220-230 trq will be reliable for day to day driving. not to mention these are out of the box tunes.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The current transmission cooler exchanges heat with the radiator. Thus it both can warm and cool the transmission fluid. We have datalogged transmission temperatures on a prototype cooler. The cooler dropped the transmission temps by 10-15F over stock.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
hondata's torque levels were around 200 and tested:
I'm pretty sure 220-230 trq will be reliable for day to day driving. not to mention these are out of the box tunes.
once again, you are just assuming it would be and 20-30tq is a lot more. we will never know til someone actually takes one apart after putting some miles on one
Sponsored