HONDATA OR KTUNERV2

Hi i wanted to see what every ones opinions are on both of this tuners i am stuck making a decision.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jrod81

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Hi i wanted to see what every ones opinions are on both of this tuners i am stuck making a decision.
I don't know if i should go with hondata or ktuner. I have a 2017 SI sedan. all advice and comments welcome thanks...
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know if i should go with hondata or ktuner. I have a 2017 SI sedan. all advice and comments welcome thanks...
Ktuner, less expensive better user quick adjustments, Ive use both on this platform

Last edited:

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner hands down.

I've also owned both on this platform (17' Si coupe) and can say that I couldn't believe the difference in tunes/options going from using Hondata's FlashPro to KTuners V2. I honestly went with Hondata initially as that was the name I was familiar with being into the Honda scene for over 15-years. I have zero plans to ever go back nor buy a product from Hondata, KTuner FTW!

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I came from hondata to @KTuner and hands down KTuner is better!!! I'll never go back to those other guys after using KTuner. Best price! Best product! Best customer service! There are over 100 different drivability combinations in the end user basemaps. Plus I get killer gas mileage too!! 2017 SI sedan..... Oh yeah they have the best mobile app on the market too.. Tunerview app is the bomb!! You can reflash your car using your phone.

Honda Civic 10th gen HONDATA OR KTUNERV2 20180128_201738

Honda Civic 10th gen HONDATA OR KTUNERV2 Screenshot_20180128-144418

Honda Civic 10th gen HONDATA OR KTUNERV2 Screenshot_20180128-144406

Honda Civic 10th gen HONDATA OR KTUNERV2 Screenshot_20180128-144433

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
I recommend Ktuner. Incredibly easy to use and the performance is unmatched. Support is very knowledge and quick to respond.

Go Ktuner and don't look back!!

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see you are from San Bernardino. You will need the CARB version - and there was a price change today. For $495 you get:

Hondata CARB FlashPro
  • Easiest to use high quality software
  • Boost tuning
  • Bluetooth for use with Hondata Mobile
  • Race proven calibrations
  • Emissions certified - clean air for our children
  • Supporting the Honda community since 1999
  • Choice of Honda race teams
  • Installed by many Honda dealers
As a tech, you'll appreciate the substantial logging capability. 4 hours and 255 logs.

How about you download the software for yourself and compare:

https://www.hondata.com/software

Check out the training videos:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZdH

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Ktuner for our Midwest Honda Enthusiasts hands down, best price point, best features, best customer service

k20z3allmotor

First Name
emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330whp HBRP FA5 8th, 16 CRZ 6spd ex, 17 rallye red Si sedan
Country flag
I used to use Hondata on my 8th and they where really late to bring features let alone bring the unit out when the platform was introduced. Ktuner was available when I bought my 10th and has all the features and support that we waited for so long on the other unit not to mention it’s cheaper, and made my simple bolt on car go low 12’s

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can flash back to stock with Ktuner and still pass emissions. Same way Hondata has been having you do it since the day they began flashing ECUs, so saying "I see you are from San Bernardino. You will need the CARB version - and there was a price change today. For $495 you get" is misleading and disingenuous since thats been the standard for selling these devices for ever. I guess no one in Cali can buy a non carb anymore. and good to know we've been killing kids for years with these non carb flash pros lol

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
You can flash back to stock with Ktuner and still pass emissions. Same way Hondata has been having you do it since the day they began flashing ECUs, so saying "I see you are from San Bernardino. You will need the CARB version - and there was a price change today. For $495 you get" is misleading and disingenuous since thats been the standard for selling these devices for ever. I guess no one in Cali can buy a non carb anymore. and good to know we've been killing kids for years with these non carb flash pros lol
Dang....

k20z3allmotor

First Name
emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330whp HBRP FA5 8th, 16 CRZ 6spd ex, 17 rallye red Si sedan
Country flag
Yea when I read that “clean air for our children” omg you struggling that hard to move them FP’s lol

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you have any specific questions about KTuner please let us know.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I see you are from San Bernardino. You will need the CARB version - and there was a price change today. For $495 you get:

Hondata CARB FlashPro
  • Boost tuning
As a tech, you'll appreciate the substantial logging capability. 4 hours and 255 logs.

Thank God I don't live in California.

Hondata CARB FlashPro
  • Boost tuning

I too have always been told from hondata to just reflash back to stock. I mean it was their slogan for years. I personally would be more worried about North Korea

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have a flashpro but I am kind of wishing I went with ktuner instead. I was worried about the reliability with ktuner as Hondata has been around for years and have proven they have been the best for Honda’s. But now ktuner is constantly adding features and for someone like me who just wants a basemap and easy adjustments I would have to say ktuner seems to be the better option. I have never used ktuner but they just seem like an easier tuner to use.
Sponsored