Hondata maps on european cars - Problems?

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
Country flag
I installed my FlashPro today and performed the remote jailbreak on my 2018 european FK8. It went quite smooth, but one of the problems that I see is that all maps available are for US cars, and they most likely do not come with the same calibration because of slightly different fuel. They alos have fewer functions compared to a european spec GT version.

I know from asking on the forums that people have used the 93 hondata maps on european cars and they seem to be conservative and work ok on our common 98 octane fuel. I therefore took the 93 map with intercooler (I have a PRL intercooler installed) but merged it with the standard maps below 4000 to give the car a really good top-end, in the old style fashion of HONDA VTEC engines. It worked well and feels stock below 4000 and then pulls hard to redline.

Now the issue, I see that uploading this map has killed the automatic start/stop fucntion and this system now flashes in the instrument all the times. This is a bit annoying even though I don't really care about start/stop.

1. Has anyone else experinced this when using Hondata on european cars?
2. A request from me to Hondata would alos be to upload a proper european base-map so we can go back to stock with all functions working, now I could most likelyonly go back to the US base map, which might even give slightly less power than a stock european map.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Pretty sure 98RON is exactly the same as 93 over here in the states

OP
OP
iqbad

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
Country flag
Hello, I am answering my own questions here.

98RON and 93PON is similar but not identical, most tuners seems to report that they can go a bit more aggressive with ignition and make more power on 98RON vs 93PON. But this probably makes it safe to run a 93 tune with 98 fuel like i am doing.

Anyways, I have solved the issue now, i had to take a 2017 stock european map from flashpro and then go through every table and merge it with a US93+intercooler map. This now works and I have no fault codes. I gave it a bit more power in the top of 2:nd gear also =)
Sponsored