Hondata Map with full bolt on recommendation?

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi Guys,

I finally caved in a purchased Hondata. I jail broke it this morning and I’ve been reading through the calibrations for my mods. Nothing seems to fix what I’m looking for. I will be getting a custom DYNO soon. I don’t to over boost and max out my fuel pump.

I have access to 93 octane at all time

mods:
PRL HVI
PRL Intercooler with charge pipes
Rv6 P catted downpipe
27 WON full exhaust (including front pipe)

opt 1: 93 octane PRL downpipe intercooler
Opt 2: 93 with full race exhaust

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Map with full bolt on recommendation? 5358FE39-D188-4604-86F6-FDD2BB7E8A25
Sponsored

Last edited:

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
93 octane PRL DP/IC. Intakes and exhausts don't change anywhere near as much as downpipe and intercooler and that Full Race tune isn't meant for your combination of parts anyways, even though it's the same type of parts.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wait sorry, you don't have an intercooler yet. In that case, only run the 93 high flow cat map. You should get an intercooler ASAP, though.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry my phone accidentally deleted it.
In that case, 93 PRL DP+IC basemap all the way, with some minor self-adjustments to air charge limits if need be. I'm more than happy to check your datalogs to make sure your engine is happy with the combo.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
In that case, 93 PRL DP+IC basemap all the way, with some minor self-adjustments to air charge limits if need be. I'm more than happy to check your datalogs to make sure your engine is happy with the combo.
What exact changes are Hondata making with the DP+IC mapping?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What exact changes are Hondata making with the DP+IC mapping?
I compared all of Hondata's maps here.

To answer your question though, it depends if you're on 91 or 93. Over the no-parts basemaps, it's mostly ignition increases and changing the air charge limit very slightly (down for 91, up for 93). For whatever reason, they removed the cam/turbo ratio changes that were present in the individual IC/DP maps. I put those changes back into my custom tune.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@Chi_The_Process, what a small world. I'm in Minneapolis too. I have Hondata and am pretty familiar with it. Wouldn't call myself an expert but I'm pretty comfortable reading logs. If you need help in person, feel free to shoot me a message.

OP
OP
Chi_The_Process

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@Chi_The_Process, what a small world. I'm in Minneapolis too. I have Hondata and am pretty familiar with it. Wouldn't call myself an expert but I'm pretty comfortable reading logs. If you need help in person, feel free to shoot me a message.
I sent you a PM thank you

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Few things...

Hondata FK8 tuning notes:
https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fk2_fk2_notes.htm?zoom_highlightsub=fk8+notes

PRL HVI:
PRL says it doesn't require a tune. I assume it uses similar MAF housing compared to the factory intake. Factory ECU will compensate for small changes. I would still verify MAF is properly scaled to the intake. You'll need to do about a 15 minute drive log. See procedure below. I would assume your tuner will.

Here's a tutorial:
https://www.hondata.com/tech-tuning-boost-afm

PRL Intercooler with charge pipes:
Intercoolers technically don't need a tune. It's just making the air cooler. Imagine driving when it's 100F vs 32F. Same effect. You can run more aggressive timing with cooler air without getting knock.

Rv6 P catted downpipe:
This will require a tune.

27 WON full exhaust (including front pipe):
Most likely won't need a tune but hard to know for sure since the turbo just became more efficient with the catted downpipe. Need to look at logs.

So it looks like the closest base map with your hardware is the '91/93 octane, high flow cat'. You may not get the most of your intercooler, but start with that tune first.

I would perform 2 logs:
1. Do a 4th gear pull wide open throttle from 2-7k RPM. Press datalog, floor it to redline, press datalog again to stop recording. You'll get to about 112mph, so you need plenty of space. Do a 3rd gear pull if you don't have space. 4th gear is ideal because there shouldn't be wheel spin.

2. Do a spirited drive log for about 15-20 minutes. This is to see if the intake scaling is appropriate.

Most importantly, which tuner are you going with?

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I was under the assumption that Hondata used the following terminology:

downpipe: catless downpipe "race"
high flow cat: catted downpipe "street"

It looks like PRL makes both a catted and non-catted downpipe. I want to say Hondata created the tune with a catless dp. I think PRL created the catted dp more recently?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Anyway, most tuners should be able to email you a base map to use. If your intention is to get your car tuned, I would run the ' 91/93 octane, high flow cat' tune and stay off the turbo until you get your tune done just to be safe.

cassidy1969

First Name
Jerry Cassidy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you are running the 93 octane tune should you check the box with 93 and 10% ethanol since most gas has ethanol or 93 octane with no ethanol? I wasn’t sure so I have been running 93 with no ethanol box checked. Thanks in advance for information.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
If you are running the 93 octane tune should you check the box with 93 and 10% ethanol since most gas has ethanol or 93 octane with no ethanol? I wasn’t sure so I have been running 93 with no ethanol box checked. Thanks in advance for information.
Check it because pretty much all stations have 10% ethanol. Your fuel trims will be better.

OP
OP
Chi_The_Process

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What tune did you end up running, and having any issues? I got the RV6 catted as well, and plan on getting an intercooler soon, so have been trying to figure out what tune I can use from the OTS selection. Once I get the intercooler, I'll be pretty close to FBO without the PRL charge pipe, so I may just end up going custom, but want to be able to run a OTS tune until then.
I’m on the 91 PRL MAP. I can’t run the 91 Base/HFC, and all 93 (Bass, HFC, PRL) maps without knock. I’m hoping I have bad fuel but we’ll see when I fill up again.
Sponsored