Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
So I have a 2019 CtR with 4k miles on it and just ordered my Hondata Flashpro. Currently have installed Invidia R400 exhaust (front pipe back), PRL intercooler, PRL HVI and PRL intercooler piping kit. I want to make sure that when it comes to flashing a map on the vehicle, either base or upgraded, that it is ok to drive on that map. I believe I overheard a conversation or read some information that when you flash the vehicle, the map is just to get the vehicle to the tuner or to have it etuned, that it is not safe to drive on daily or for a long period of time. I'm looking for some clarification as if this is true I may hold off on installing the Flashpro til I can get it "tuned" properly. I guess what I'm asking is if it install the Flashpro, pick a preset map that incs my current installed modifications, can I drive the vehicle on a day to day basis without any damage or issues to the car? This is my daily driver and need to make sure it will not cause any issues over the long term. Any ideas or input will be awesome and greatly appreciated. I know that a lot of people run either Flashpro or Ktuner so even better if someone who is currently running either can chime in and put my mind at ease.

Thanks as always to this awesome community!
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Do a 15 minute datalog of just cruising around. Post it on here and Iā€™ll take a look. If the tune is off by a lot, itā€™ll show in the datalog.

Once that log looks good, do a 4th year pull from 2.5 to redline and post it here.

You need to look at the datalogs to assure that the tune fits your specific car.

A custom tune is just to validate the logs look good and to fine tune the base map for more power and or smoother power delivery.

OP
OP
Jmillerohio

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome thanks! I should receive it this week and I'm going to do some more research. For sure going to install it and lock in my ECU and VIN. I just have been seeing that it comes with multiple preloaded maps that you can choose from that include any modifications you have. I really appreciate the feedback and willing to take a look for me. I may shot you a PM as I am new to the Flashpro and may need some help uploading the data log or how to capture it. Thanks again.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
The Hondata base maps are pretty dialed in for the most part. The only thing I'd recommend paying close attention is the fuel pump data during wide open throttle situations. In some of the base map logs, I've seen the fuel pump get pegged pretty hard. More fuel, more power (sometimes). It's better to dial down the fuel pump to prolong its life.

BuLL

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW FK8
Country flag
Do a 15 minute datalog of just cruising around. Post it on here and Iā€™ll take a look. If the tune is off by a lot, itā€™ll show in the datalog.

Once that log looks good, do a 4th year pull from 2.5 to redline and post it here.

You need to look at the datalogs to assure that the tune fits your specific car.

A custom tune is just to validate the logs look good and to fine tune the base map for more power and or smoother power delivery.
Iā€™m gonna definitely bug you within the next month or so.... if you donā€™t mind haha I am very proficient @ sending tips via PayPal ?

OP... best of luck dialing in the tune. Iā€™m tuned in (get it) to how this works out lol

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Iā€™m gonna definitely bug you within the next month or so.... if you donā€™t mind haha I am very proficient @ sending tips via PayPal ?

OP... best of luck dialing in the tune. Iā€™m tuned in (get it) to how this works out lol
Sounds good. I may start offering log review services and possibly customer tuning haha.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you use 93 octane gas, after remote jailbreaking the ECU and installing the FlashPro software, click on New Calibration and select the "93 octane, intercooler, improved throttle response" calibration and upload it onto the ECU. It's more convenient to use a Windows laptop to perform these tasks.

Yes, the above off-the-shelf calibration will be fine on your setup. Custom tuning is always an option after that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata...looking for some clarification 1598137595723

OP
OP
Jmillerohio

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@TypeSiR any particular reason for that MAP? Only asking cause I'm new to the tuning just trying to get more info. Thanks for the information.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@TypeSiR any particular reason for that MAP? Only asking cause I'm new to the tuning just trying to get more info. Thanks for the information.
It's based on your fuel and mods (93 oct, IC, HVI, exhaust). Hondata only has a calibration for the IC & fuel combination. The HVI and exhaust don't require a custom calibration. If you use 91 octane, select the corresponding 91 octane cal.

OP
OP
Jmillerohio

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's based on your fuel and mods (93 oct, IC, HVI, exhaust). Hondata only has a calibration for the IC & fuel combination. The HVI and exhaust don't require a custom calibration. If you use 91 octane, select the corresponding 91 octane cal.
OK sounds good. I guess I'm more worried that I'll mess something up more than the tuning or map will. I have 93 available by me so seems to be the way I will go. Also let's say I tune it for 93 octane and have to get fuel elsewhere that doesn't have 93, will it hurt the engine or just effect over all performance of the vehicle. Will it still be safe to drive without any issues? Thanks. I have a ton a questions gonna keep asking ? ?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
OK sounds good. I guess I'm more worried that I'll mess something up more than the tuning or map will. I have 93 available by me so seems to be the way I will go. Also let's say I tune it for 93 octane and have to get fuel elsewhere that doesn't have 93, will it hurt the engine or just effect over all performance of the vehicle. Will it still be safe to drive without any issues? Thanks. I have a ton a questions gonna keep asking ? ?
Keep asking. I'm sure a lot of people have the same questions.

The various 91/93 maps aren't really that different. Essentially, the more mods you have (DP, IC, etc), the more timing/boost you can run.

Selecting the closest map to your set up is the correct approach, but you'll want to review your logs to ensure there's nothing weird going on.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
so I had the prl inter cooler, mishi intake, after market exhaust and front pipe and all that as well. Did my hondata and I just used the off the self tunes from hondata. they have their own type Rs they test on and while it might not be the most powerful tune it is safe, I drove mine for a year no issues and i used the no lift shift feature as well which is fairly violent :) I had zero issues and I daily drove mine was my only car. I would say once you got the cash and time get good tune if ya want but the provided ones are not anything to write off they are good as well and perfectly safe. but to just make sure your particular car and tune are working well on base maps just have someone who knows look at your logs to verify alls good. but a good rule of thumb is if you dont know for sure what it does do NOT turn it on in the tune.
Sponsored